Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2018 ACC Tournament

Ctaylor21

Recruit
hey guys, we are going to the ACC tourney this year, we have never been to New York so looking forward to it!

Any info you guys have would be great

Bars/museums/restaurants/ other entertainment
Any recommendations!

What’s your guys thoughts on tickets? Seems Wednesday/Thursday are pretty decent
Friday is the most expensive of the days
Saturday 2nd most..

Would you guys recommend buying tickets now? And selling what we don’t go to? Or wait and buy tickets day of/ night before the games while we are in New York?

Thanks Guys!

Sounds like an amazing trip

Bars/museums/restaurants/other
- Manitoba's (bar located on Avenue B - very small, but nice atmosphere IMO)
- Jane Hotel has a nice restaurant (good breakfast)
- Veselka (Ukrainian restaurant near St. Mark's)
- MOMA is usually pretty worthwhile from my experience
- Spotted Pig (west village restaurant)
- Firefighter's museum was good
- Apollo Theater offers tours (I recommend this)
- Brooklyn Bridge walk

I don't have any suggestions about game tickets.

Thread for all 2018 ACC Tourney discussions and non-Duke games.

@Ctaylor21 in the future try to find an existing thread to post inquiries like this. Either the ticket thread or the 2017-2018 thread.

Would you guys recommend buying tickets now? And selling what we don’t go to? Or wait and buy tickets day of/ night before the games while we are in New York?
I'm assuming you are a Duke fan, otherwise you'd be asking this question on other forums. Duke is a decent lock for a bye. If so, I would wait to purchase tickets from fans of teams that lose during the first day and aren't interested in watching the rest of the tournament. You'll have to sit in the Boston College/Syracuse/Pitt section (in all likelihood), but it will likely be the cheapest route for you to get into the stadium.

I'm assuming you are a Duke fan, otherwise you'd be asking this question on other forums. Duke is a decent lock for a bye. If so, I would wait to purchase tickets from fans of teams that lose during the first day and aren't interested in watching the rest of the tournament. You'll have to sit in the Boston College/Syracuse/Pitt section (in all likelihood), but it will likely be the cheapest route for you to get into the stadium.

Yeah, duke fan. I thought about that route. Wednesday and Thursday tickets are decent price, might go that route Friday and Saturday.

Have been burned on fake tickets ( Chicago ) before tho..

Second year in a row the ACC tournament should be top drawer action. So many crucial games.

I'll be there. Couple of weeks ago I was worried we'd be playing on Wednesday. Now, I can sit back and relax during the terrible Wed games.

Hitting up Brooklyn Brewery. Any others I should visit?

This will be the first interesting ACC tournament in a few years. I actually plan to watch every game even while at work.

How the hell does UNC end up the 6 seed and get the easier path?

ACC Tournament seeding and odds (BetOnline):

1. UVA +250
2. Duke +300
3. Miami +1000
4. Clemson +800
5. NC State +1400
6. UNC +600
7. Virginia Tech +1200
8. Florida State +1600
9. Louisville +2500
10. Notre Dame +2500

Either Duke or UVA is going to win this thing, right? Put several hundred on each and collect your free money.

Headed up Wednesday am. Current forecast is rain changing to snow with 5-8 inches of accumulation and winds 15-25 mph with gusts to 40 mph. I totally get why this tournament is in NYC.

ACC Tournament seeding and odds (BetOnline):

1. UVA +250
2. Duke +300
3. Miami +1000
4. Clemson +800
5. NC State +1400
6. UNC +600
7. Virginia Tech +1200
8. Florida State +1600
9. Louisville +2500
10. Notre Dame +2500

Either Duke or UVA is going to win this thing, right? Put several hundred on each and collect your free money.
I think NC State could shock some people. I think we play Virginia or NC State in the finals.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom