Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2018 ACC Tournament

Play the odds on their 3-point shooting. Just don't let them outrebound us or load up on and-1s and shit.

Rather we just let Pinson or Maye shoot that 8 to 12 footer from the middle of the zone. Even last night when Colson was on a streak, I never felt like they were on some huge run eroding our 2nd half lead. I'll take that any night over letting some shithead like Kenny Williams bomb us from deep again.

The guys on the sides of the zone have to do a better job than last time of not letting Williams and Johnson sneak into the corners for open threes. Especially because neither team of them are particularly threatening drivers to the basket.

Carter is upright and ambulatory in these pics. Also doing a lot of head-scratching.

FWIW there is a picture on DBP Twitter in which Duke is practicing 3-2 zone.

I like this and was hoping Duke would eventually utilize this in a game. It is great to call to change things up even if it's just for a couple of possessions here and there.

edit: That's in the pic above. Top right.

If that's true then what the fuck is Duke's own media team doing by sharing part of Duke's game plan tonight with the public?

If that's true then what the fuck is Duke's own media team doing by sharing part of Duke's game plan tonight with the public?

We might very well trot out a 3-2 at some point tonight, but I'm not sure a single still photo of a walkthrough is necessarily evidence of anything.

If we're talking about the photo in TS9's post, that's a 2-3, like all the other times it looks like they might be doing something other than a 2-3 but really aren't. DeLaurier has no one to guard in the corner, so he's probably moving to disrupt any pass into the middle. The five guys on offense are all on one side of the court.

That's a new wrinkle then. I've never seen us bring someone up like that to guard the high post.

It's 2-3 morphs to resemble a 3-2 with one of the wings moving up top, and the guys on top shift to the side with the ball. We've seen it happen many times during games.

Not surprised we lost this game, but I wasn't expecting to be absolutely dominated at both ends.

Not going to overreact, but this was undeniably a troubling performance. It was the defensive meltdown that had felt inevitable for awhile, combined with a bottoming out of the offense.

Think the "guards win championships" mantra is biting us firmly in the ass right about now. Pinson and Berry are miles and miles ahead our backcourt mentally.

We didn't lose this game because of our zone defense.

We lost this game because our two biggest strengths simply didn't show up tonight - offense(.96 PPP, 40%/26% and 17 TOs) and rebounding(UNC had a 35% oREB rate, held us to 29%, which was exacerbated by the fact that UNC took 71 shots to our 54).

Could someone who knows this shit write a paragraph or two explaining why we got so badly dominated on our defensive glass?

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom