Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2018 ACC Tournament

Pinson will probably get drafted now. His steady development into a good FT shooter suggests someone like the Spurs can easily turn him into a 3 and D.

With Pinson playing like this, along with the potential for Berry to find his game again, UNC could have the clear better player than Duke at 3 out of 5 positions: Berry over Duval, Pinson over Trent, 1st team ACC Maye over 2nd team ACC Carter. Also, Johnson and Williams are excellent in their roles.

Roy has committed to his small ball lineup, which has been a top 3 unit in the country by net efficiency all season. They really do seem poised to repeat.

Charlotte, 1st round pick.

Opening 4.5 pt favorites. Here we go. Would probably have been double that if Miami had played with any basketball IQ worth a damn and won.

I expect to get curb stomped tonight. The only positive thinking I have is Joel Berry has played awful the last 3 games and due is for a good one and it can’t get much worse for Luke Maye after going 1-15 can it?

They were dropping Grayson in the zone to deal with Bonzi in the middle lastnight - I wonder if they can do the same tonight to deal with Pinson?

Throw Allen and/or Trent at him. Have TD cheat towards Berry in the zone.

Play the odds on their 3-point shooting. Just don't let them outrebound us or load up on and-1s and shit.

Play the odds on their 3-point shooting. Just don't let them outrebound us or load up on and-1s and shit.

Rather we just let Pinson or Maye shoot that 8 to 12 footer from the middle of the zone. Even last night when Colson was on a streak, I never felt like they were on some huge run eroding our 2nd half lead. I'll take that any night over letting some shithead like Kenny Williams bomb us from deep again.

Rather we just let Pinson or Maye shoot that 8 to 12 footer from the middle of the zone. Even last night when Colson was on a streak, I never felt like they were on some huge run eroding our 2nd half lead. I'll take that any night over letting some shithead like Kenny Williams bomb us from deep again.

Agreed. We take that shot every time instead of a corner Williams/Berry/Johnson 3

Amazing that they can have two of their best players go down in pain and then both are fine five minutes later. Particularly infuriating with Cam since he never should have been on the roster in the first place.

They were dropping Grayson in the zone to deal with Bonzi in the middle lastnight - I wonder if they can do the same tonight to deal with Pinson?

Throw Allen and/or Trent at him. Have TD cheat towards Berry in the zone.

Yup. This was a great adjustment by K in the second half.

We're fine I think unless we waste more possessions having Carter futilely trying to post up. He's lost the ability to do that against anyone the last few weeks. Need to play him like a stretch 4.

I understand your point due to WC's at the rim struggles the past 2 games, but the Devils need him to post because of the attention he will command (kijyck out passes) and drawing UNC fouls.

Are you still feeling bad about tonight's game @dukeboy911?

I do wonder if ol Huck uses more of Manley this time around? I think ultimately we cruise to an easy win unless we go through long cold spells from three or they get hot from Steph Curry range that our zone forces if other teams are not going to take a corner three, which we are vulnerable to. I still think a lot has to go wrong for us to lose tonight!

Last edited:
For UNC to win we need to hit 12+ threes we had open shots in the second half that we just couldn’t hit from 3. If Berry and Maye play like last night we will lose by 20+

For UNC to win we need to hit 12+ threes we had open shots in the second half that we just couldn’t hit from 3. If Berry and Maye play like last night we will lose by 20+

Don't worry Berry will have his best game all year on one ankle!

Is UNC a Final Four threat again? There defense has risen to #34. It was damn near 60+ like a 2-3 games ago.

Is UNC a Final Four threat again? There defense has risen to #34. It was damn near 60+ like a 2-3 games ago.
I’ve always thought this team could be a final 4 team depending on which way the bracket breaks. The last two games for UNC there has been a major improvement in effort in sliding their feet and keeping their man in front of them. UNCs main focus on defense is to not get destroyed by dribble drive. UNC has benefited from the postseason whistle being a little more loose. Also Roy has adapted the way that UNC has been defending screens.

Ref crew for UNC/Duke: Mike Eades, Bert smith and TV Ted Valentine

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom