Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2022 NCAA Tournament

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s amazing to think that UNC’s luck ran so deep this year they almost willed out a win in this game on the shoulders of Puff Johnson and other worldly offensive rebounding.

So he Hooded them out of a champ?

did he really puke? Lololol

If they lose Love and Bacot they’re looking at another 8 seed.
Hard to say with the portal. In theory they could bring in new P5 first team transfers that want to start for a blue blood.

sure but they’re not going to get anyone even a fraction as good as Bacot.
Bacot has two years left and not much of shot at the NBA. I’ll believe he’s gone when he signs with an agent.

Hard to say with the portal. In theory they could bring in new P5 first team transfers that want to start for a blue blood.

sure but they’re not going to get anyone even a fraction as good as Bacot.
Bacot has two years left and not much of shot at the NBA. I’ll believe he’s gone when he signs with an agent.

you’re right but he almost left last year for the pros.

Love, Bacon and Manek are gone. I guess Leaky could work towards a grad degree, but to what end? If they can find 3-4 starter level players who fit seamlessly and display this much luck, fuck it, I tip my hat to them. Hubert isn't nearly as bad as the first 25 games indicated, but I'd guess he isn't nearly as good as their last 10 games indicated. They have him for at least five years now, so it will be interesting to see what happens. We have our own concerns, but I don't think talent will be an issue for at least a few more years.

Love, Bacon and Manek are gone. I guess Leaky could work towards a grad degree, but to what end? If they can find 3-4 starter level players who fit seamlessly and display this much luck, fuck it, I tip my hat to them. Hubert isn't nearly as bad as the first 25 games indicated, but I'd guess he isn't nearly as good as their last 10 games indicated. They have him for at least five years now, so it will be interesting to see what happens. We have our own concerns, but I don't think talent will be an issue for at least a few more years.

UNC went from legitimately on the bubble to the best team in the country over night. That’s not an exaggeration the metrics back it up. They caught lightning in a bottle, which a lot of coaches have done. I don’t think Hubert is Kevin Ollie disaster level, but the way they caught lightning in a bottle is eerily similar.

Everyone on Twitter acting hype for the champions classic when we get defending champs but who fucking cares. Unc's run reiterated the obvious that the regular season means jack shit. If we win, it's a nice bullet point in the pre-game notes by the sports information staff.

Biggest blown lead in a title game? That is going to severely curtail the amount of reminiscing they can do about beating us in the FF, because it will always be followed up with “yeah but a shame we choked that huge lead in the championship”. Ashes in their mouth.

Would anyone have given nearly as much of a shit if after beating UNLV we then did that in 1991 against Kansas? It would have diminished the lore quite a bit, methinks.

My book wouldn’t let me place the all in bet I wanted on the UNC ML so I split it in half with the other half going to UNC+4.5 so I didn’t even lose any money lmao

Biggest blown lead in a title game? That is going to severely curtail the amount of reminiscing they can do about beating us in the FF, because it will always be followed up with “yeah but a shame we choked that huge lead in the championship”. Ashes in their mouth.

Would anyone have given nearly as much of a shit if after beating UNLV we then did that in 1991 against Kansas? It would have diminished the lore quite a bit, methinks.

we would never bring it up, just like we never bring up beating Kansas in 86, Florida in 94, MSU in 99 etc.

I mean it might be, going to 5 title games in 16 tournaments seems pretty unsustainable, even if it’s a thing that happened for them, and I think more of an outlier than the two they played in during the preceding 23 tournaments

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom