Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2022 NCAA Tournament

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Without looking it up I’d guess the only teams to play in 5 title games within a 16 season span are UCLA, Duke, and now UNC. My guess is handicappers would give you 50/1 odds or better on UNC making 5 more from 2023 through 2040, unless you think Hubie is the next peak Wooden/Krzyzewski

Without looking it up I’d guess the only teams to play in 5 title games within a 16 season span are UCLA, Duke, and now UNC. My guess is handicappers would give you 50/1 odds or better on UNC making 5 more from 2023 through 2040, unless you think Hubie is the next peak Wooden/Krzyzewski
Still fucked up that Connecticut made 4 title games in 16 years and won them all.

Still fucked up that Connecticut made 4 title games in 16 years and won them all.

UConn stopped us in 1999 and 2004 and Kentucky in 2011 and 2014.

Kansas stopped UNC in 2008, 2012, and 2022.

UConn stopped us in 1999 and 2004 and Kentucky in 2011 and 2014.

Kansas stopped UNC in 2008, 2012, and 2022.
Couldn’t stop them even when they had Wilt and all UNC had were a bunch of New York Jews, but they’ve more than made up for it since.

Didn’t Memphis blow a big lead against Self too? And UK was a minute or two from losing that game 10 years ago. Self probably has the right amount of titles given the strength of teams and seeds he’s achieved, but in terms of the title games he’s played in, two is extremely lucky

Memphis was up 9 with 2 minutes remaining in 08 and imploded at the FT line, iirc. Self has made it to the Elite 8 nine times since arriving at Kansas, and reached four Final Fours. Kansas was also the runaway #1 team in 2020 when the season got wiped. I’m fine with him having two titles. He’s a good example of what happens when you put a top 15 team on the floor year after year - you’ll have teams that break through.

Feels like we haven't really used a press to force turnovers in a long time (excluding EOG situations when we're losing, of course).

if it's true that Scheyer wants to have a deeper rotation and we've got these big, long, athletic dudes, I hope we mix it in from time to time, particularly after a timeout or something.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom