Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] at Georgia Tech

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
e1c2376d54e9d91b789a95b0_630xauto.jpg

Saturday, December 2, 2:15pm, The CW
McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, GA

Kenpom: #135 overall, #150 offense, #144 defense

Georgia Tech is awful at making the ball go through the hoop. They are nearly outside the top 300 in each of 2PT%, 3PT% and FT%. Defensively, they are passive, allowing lots of 3s and not generating many turnovers. Duke's sharpshooters should be able to bomb away in this one.

The key player offensively is Miles Kelly, a 6-6 junior wing who has stepped up as a massive chucker this season, and the main reason GT shoots so poorly as a team. However, he's due for some positive regression against Duke - he's shooting 28% from 3 this season, compared with 38% last season, and he's similarly 68% from the line after 93% last season. At 31% usage, if Kelly finds all of his regression in this game, Duke may not have any chance to win.

They beat a ranked and undefeated Miss State team yesterday. I don't see what they did particularly well though, other than holding them to Duke-like 31/23 shooting splits. Could be another ugly one.

Every time Duke plays I swear that they look like they just lifted weights prior to warm ups. And so I continue to look at reasons why they shoot so bad in a game. Other than the fact they are pussies.

People think Duke is talented and well coached but just missing shots. Of course they’re wrong, but this is a nice way to make money until everyone catches on.

In a two road game week, I typically write off the second game as unwinnable. A 3-loss Duke team is going to get some bad press. That’s why I will look to D-F as a beacon of positivity and perspective.

Not sure how this is the solution. Otoh, I'm not sure what the solution actually is.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom