Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] at Georgia Tech

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
e1c2376d54e9d91b789a95b0_630xauto.jpg

Saturday, December 2, 2:15pm, The CW
McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, GA

Kenpom: #135 overall, #150 offense, #144 defense

Georgia Tech is awful at making the ball go through the hoop. They are nearly outside the top 300 in each of 2PT%, 3PT% and FT%. Defensively, they are passive, allowing lots of 3s and not generating many turnovers. Duke's sharpshooters should be able to bomb away in this one.

The key player offensively is Miles Kelly, a 6-6 junior wing who has stepped up as a massive chucker this season, and the main reason GT shoots so poorly as a team. However, he's due for some positive regression against Duke - he's shooting 28% from 3 this season, compared with 38% last season, and he's similarly 68% from the line after 93% last season. At 31% usage, if Kelly finds all of his regression in this game, Duke may not have any chance to win.

They beat a ranked and undefeated Miss State team yesterday. I don't see what they did particularly well though, other than holding them to Duke-like 31/23 shooting splits. Could be another ugly one.

Every time Duke plays I swear that they look like they just lifted weights prior to warm ups. And so I continue to look at reasons why they shoot so bad in a game. Other than the fact they are pussies.

People think Duke is talented and well coached but just missing shots. Of course they’re wrong, but this is a nice way to make money until everyone catches on.

In a two road game week, I typically write off the second game as unwinnable. A 3-loss Duke team is going to get some bad press. That’s why I will look to D-F as a beacon of positivity and perspective.

Not sure how this is the solution. Otoh, I'm not sure what the solution actually is.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom