Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Houston (NCAA S16)

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In a way I’ll be more disappointed if we lose a one possession game as it’d mean we’d have actually had a legit shot at getting to Monday night. Would be encouraging on a macro level, though.

It’ll be Houston. Duke doesn’t get those breaks.
Last year, the 1 seed in Duke’s region lost to the 16.

Duke doesn’t get those breaks when they actually advance.
Hell, the season before Duke got to play Arkansas instead of Gonzaga in the E8 and then an 8 seed in the Final Four

In all seriousness, the following are the breaks I can recall us getting post-2004:

2010: WV in the FF instead of KY
2015: MSU in the FF, WI in the final instead of KY
2016: Yale in r2
2018: Syracuse in the S16
2022: Arkansas in the E8, UNC in the FF (by seeding, UCLA or Purdue would’ve been MUCH better matchups)
2024: James Madison in r2

Well we do know Duke hasn't beaten a high seed since 1994.
1994 was the first tournament I can remember. 30 years ago.

We had a string of beating #1 seeds from 86 to 94. Kansas in 86, Temple in 88, Georgetown in 89, UConn in 1990, UNLV in 1991, and Purdue in 1994.

Just to quibble a bit, Wisconsin in 2015 was the last time we beat a #1 seed, maybe you mean as the lower seed. Also happened in 1999 with MSU

Well we do know Duke hasn't beaten a high seed since 1994.
1994 was the first tournament I can remember. 30 years ago.

We had a string of beating #1 seeds from 86 to 94. Kansas in 86, Temple in 88, Georgetown in 89, UConn in 1990, UNLV in 1991, and Purdue in 1994.

Just to quibble a bit, Wisconsin in 2015 was the last time we beat a #1 seed, maybe you mean as the lower seed. Also happened in 1999 with MSU
I meant to type higher seed.

Wisconsin was technically the "better" 1 seed if you want to parse it even further. We pulled off a mini upset (at least per the computers and the seeding committee).

Wisconsin was technically the "better" 1 seed if you want to parse it even further. We pulled off a mini upset (at least per the computers and the seeding committee).

Fuck I am gonna have to fact check you. I don’t think this is true because Duke wore white in that game, indicating that they were the higher seed within the 1 line.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom