Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Chase Jeter

I wouldn't say his game won't translate to the NBA. One mix tape said his game had reminscents of Tim Duncan.

Here's a question -- let's say Chase gets like 22 or so mpg as a freshman. Which big (MP3, Jefferson, Obi) would you like to see him on the floor with most of the time?

Yeah, even though Jeter and Jefferson overlap more than any of our bigs, it's important that our greatest player maybe ever play as much as possible.

For reals though, it's impossible to overstate how perfect Jefferson is and how much any minute that he's not on the court is wasted.

skins said:
I wouldn't say his game won't translate to the NBA. One mix tape said his game had reminscents of Tim Duncan.

Lol. I just saw this now. Almost too understated of a joke.

I saw the initial comments on the Hoops Summit performance; not good. Can anyone who watches this event in its entirety post some more information (postives and negatives) about his play?

Positives = Makes FTs, decent defense

Negatives = Tries to do post moves and fails

Thank you Rome. Re: the post moves: is it because he has a hard time establishing position, or is he too slow around the rim?

Slow, soft hook shots that were easily blocked. Position didn't seem to be a problem.

Of course he's going up against guys like Maker and Diallo. But he needs to understand context.

Looks like he is filling out...a good sign.

The post rotation in 15/16 could be pretty good; Jeter/Obi/MP3 have really different skill sets. However, It will be such a difference offensively as I don't expect Jeter (or the other 2) to command a double like Okafor did. Most of their offensive contributions I would expect to come from putbacks.

I think you are right Slap, but he will have to be the best post scoring option for the Devils. I think Marshall & (in a limited role) Obi should be solid role players for Duke, but neither can be considered an inside scoring threat.

Rome - thanks for the report on Jeter's performance lastnight. I read similar positive reviews elsewhere. He and MP3 could really wear down other bigs with their high motors.

Between Amile, Marshall, and Chase, we've got some very athletic bigs that can run the floor and defend.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom