Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coaching Carousel

Not sure Hurley can even wait for the Celtics offer when this is on the table. I can’t see UConn matching this. It’s an irrational amount to spend on a college basketball coach. Wouldn’t want Duke to spend this much on him.

Why not? Doesn’t Duke have a $12 Billion endowment?

Portal closes in 19 days, right? This might be a Q3 or Q4 game for us in the Champions Classic the longer this takes for them to salvage a depleted roster. If they don't hurry up with the hire all that will be left is the dregs

Last edited:
Guessing Kentucky isn’t really offering a guaranteed $60M to these coaching candidates, as previously reported by Kentucky fans. I think some awful retread is more likely than Dan Hurley. Maybe they go with Bobby Hurley with the hope that their fanbase will be confused into being happy about it.

Hoping UK avoids getting the Iowa State head coach so that Hoiberg doesn't go back to ISU.

Someone on Rupp Rafters still has a sense of humor:

w7oG2gL.png

^^^ Bullshit detector flashing red. Based on specious interpreation of a Matt Jones post, anyways.

08UA2jQ.png

I’m imagining in my head an alternate reality where Duke opted not limit themselves to only former Duke players in their search for K’s successor, and ended up hiring Danny Hurley, would Scheyer today be the favorite to be Kentucky’s head coach?

The only coach left that is a real possibility that would make them a juggernaut is Chris Beard.

Kentucky might actually replace Calipari with a coach who has never won an NCAA Tournament game. Incredible.

The Kentucky fanbase should just demand that they wait for Billy Donovan. Just completely punt next season if need be. They're better off being terrible with an interim coach or just waiting on Donovan even if it means getting a late jump in the portal/recruiting. I'd rather be complete stinky ass for a whole year to get Donovan instead of hiring Mark Pope or Sean Miller or some other silly name.

Is Donovan even interested in the job? Thought he was done with college coaching after leaving Florida a decade ago.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom