Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2013-2014

Been thinking about this: if K decides that he cannot bear to look at another basketball court again after this season, would Beilein be an outsider candidate for the job? He's one of K's pals, he's the right age to be a holdover until the next long term coach is ready, he won't feel the pressure in the same way as someone in the Duke family would, he has enough cred to hold onto our recruits, and he is competent enough to handle the kind of team we'll have in the next 2 years.

Ohio State might be the exact opposite of this Duke team.

THEM: Wins games with their defense
US: Lose games with our defense

THEM: Guards are their best defenders
US: Guards can't keep their opponents out of the lane

THEM: Need to get down by double-digits before they start playing well
US: Stop playing once we get a double-digit lead

THEM: Can't shoot 3s
US: One of the best at shooting 3s (minus the last month)

THEM: Lets their athletic freak play
US: Doesn't let our athletic freak sniff the court

THEM: 5 man seems disinterested and bored when on the court
US: 5 man is the most energetic, enthusiastic player in college basketball

THEM: Upper classman PG is the consummate team leader
US: Upper classman PG not even selected as captain

THEM: Thrive under game pressure late
US: Wilt under game pressure late

I'm sure there are more examples if I thought about it more.

The only similarity between us and them is that we both tend to play short benches.

On ESPN2, Prairie View A&M is trying to become the losingest team to ever make the NCAAT. They are 11-22. Up 3 with 17 min left, but they were up 9 and are falling apart. Their kenpom page is amazing - all red.

How the hell is Tennessee #12 on kenpom? That must be the ultimate eye test vs computer discrepancy. I've watched them play quite a few times, and I feel like they are awful. They will be top-15 on kenpom and be an 11 seed in the tournament.

Luke Hancock is deceptively quick...AKA, white and also quick.

I wonder if Creighton will win on a "controversial call" and then ESPN will devote a whole website to it?

Jay Will said that the way Kentucky has played the last 2 days, they can win the National Championship.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom