Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2013-2014

@ByBerkowitz NC Central making NCAAs means Durham, N.C., will have more NCAA tourney teams than states of Indiana AND Illinois, combined.

aiw said:
Jay Will said that the way Kentucky has played the last 2 days, they can win the National Championship.

he's been licking their butt holes all evening. Wow, they beat two NIT teams in a row. BFD.

Also, it was either earlier today or yesterday that he was saying Duke's non-conference resume was bad. He said something to the effect of, "they only beat UCLA and Michigan". What a fucking moron.

He and bilas couldn't be bigger sellouts if they tried.

He's the worst. Perpetrated the Duke gets the calls tripe (in a round about way) by watching a Vine of the Christmas "block" of Hood, saying it was the right call. A fucking Vine. That's what ESPN does. Duke cheats/gets what he deserves based on social media. Fuck SVP, fuck Jay Will.

aiw said:
Jay Will said that the way Kentucky has played the last 2 days, they can win the National Championship.

"Judging from how good the team has looked in beating two 19-13 teams that play in the shittiest major conference by an average of 15 points, I think this team can win the National Championship."

Final day 2013-2014:

1:00pm
ACC final - Virginia vs Duke (-1.5)

1:00pm
A10 final - VCU (-4.5) vs St. Joe's

3:15pm
SEC final - Florida (-5.5) vs Kentucky

3:30pm
B10 final - Michigan vs Michigan State (-2.5)

Rooting for VCU so they get seeded more properly and Duke doesn't need to worry about them as a preposterous 6 or 7 seed. Once again, Shaka Smart has coached his team to an incredible Kenpom finish - currently #10 overall, #2 on defense. Imagine what he will do with UNC's talent in a few years.

Rooting for Florida because I can't root for Kentucky.

Rooting for Michigan State so Duke's slim chances of passing Michigan on the curve stay alive. If Duke loses, probably best for Michigan to win.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
This board seems one more ridiculous JWill comment away from transitioning to motorcycle jokes.

I think he's dumb as hell. Just not good at his job in any way. At least Bilas, besides the obvious shit, I can appreciate his knowledge of the game and the talent he has as an announcer and analyst.

DurhamSon said:
This board seems one more ridiculous JWill comment away from transitioning to motorcycle jokes.

I think he's dumb as hell. Just not good at his job in any way. At least Bilas, besides the obvious shit, I can appreciate his knowledge of the game and the talent he has as an announcer and analyst.

Yep. Bilas is a douche, but he puts in the work, and basically everyone but Duke fans likes him (his ass-kissing helps there). Williams is just bad at his job, and I don't think anybody likes him.

I mean, I basically detest ESPN and would watch any other network if they hadn't cornered the market on college basketball (with occasional appearances by Fox Sports and CBS). I think essentially everyone they have doing commentary is either A) dumb B) a shill C) both D) underused. What I mean by D is that they actually have some good analysts but they get relegated to the shitty games. And they only get to stay good as long as they keep hosting the shitty games. I don't know which comes first, the bad analysis or the promotion to a better gig. But either way, it's the lowest of the lowest common denominator as a network.

Even their website is a great example. The only real articles -- for non-retards -- are on their premium site, which has far less traffic. Meanwhile SI and Grantland make a habit of mixing the good stuff in with the hit-mongering. And when it comes to TV networks, TNT might not be the smartest, but they have a diversity of opinions and don't seem to have a "party line." Unfortunately, they don't do college ball.

What I'm trying to say here is that it's not just Jay Will who sucks. He sold out to "the man."

University of Louisville Associate Head Coach Kevin Keatts will become the new head coach at ‪#‎UNCW‬.

I know we sucked in 2012 and that Bazz would have given us size on the wing, but I'm glad for that recruiting miss.

Thain said:
University of Louisville Associate Head Coach Kevin Keatts will become the new head coach at ‪#‎UNCW‬.

I think this could be a lose-lose for UNCW and for Louisville. Keatts has been Louisville's lead recruiter the last couple of years and my understanding is he's been responsible for some of their top commits. I think they might suffer a bit there down the road. I've never seen any mention of Keatts being a good coach, though, and that's bad for UNCW.
Meanwhile, UNCW is and always will be a mid-major program. Mid-majors excel when they have good coaches who recognize the strengths and weaknesses of the middling talent they have to work with. What UNCW really needed was a solid, boring X's and O's coach who could take whatever half-assed players they ended up with and teach them how to play defense and shoot 3's, make lay ups and free throws over the course of the four years that they'll for sure be in school.
Ultimately I think UNCW once again has gone after a name for the job rather than the man for the job. They didn't learn a thing from the Buzz Peterson debacle they'll be paying for for years.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom