Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2015-2016

Michael Ojo is such a terrifying human, and I assume will be a pretty damn effective college big as a 23 year-old, 290 pound senior with a 7-8 wingspan. FSU could be pretty intimidating.

A weird recruitment; we "looked" at him before suddenly pulling our offer for some reason, though it took months before we actually found out whether he was still being recruited or not. This was part of the infamous JohnTDD "two bigs" class (Tony Parker + someone) that ended up with Amile at the last minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
The current list of transfers, with rankings:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jef...9/top-10-transfers-and-complete-transfer-list

4. Rasheed Sulaimon, 6-4, SG, Jr., Duke -- It didn’t work out the way everyone thought for the talented wing out of Texas. Sulaimon spent much of his time in Durham on Coach K's bad side and was ultimately dismissed from the program. Sulaimon will try to graduate this summer so he can play his final season next school year as a graduate student for another program.

Maybe Sheed can go to Wisconsin (rent to play-er) or UNC ("the rapist that K protected"). I'd be OK with either of those.

I'd actually bet that Sheed ends up at Texas, if not going pro, though this is based off nothing but my thoughts.

Michael Qualls and Bobby Portis are leaving Arkansas for the league.

Literally every half decent NBA prospect is leaving besides Brice Johnson and Justin Jackson.

Kyle Washington is transferring from State.

I think you can take out the "half decent" qualifier. The only 12 players in the country next year will be playing for UNC.

Best overall returning ACC players by sports-reference.com box plus-minus (with a reasonable number of minutes last season):

1. Anthony Gill, Virginia 12.6
2. Marshall Plumlee, Duke 11.3
3. Marcus Paige, North Carolina 10.3
4. Kennedy Meeks, North Carolina 9.6
5. Amile Jefferson, Duke 9.5
6. Demetrius Jackson, Notre Dame 9.0
7. Malcolm Brogdon, Virginia 8.9
8. Bonzie Colson, Notre Dame 8.7
9. Brice Johnson, North Carolina 8.6
10. Boris Bojanovski, Florida State 8.5
11. Chianu Onuaku, Louisville 8.5
12. BeeJay Anya, NC State 8.3
13. Theo Pinson, North Carolina 8.1
14. Davon Reed, Miami 8.1
15. Marial Shayok, Virginia 8.1
16. Marcus Georges-Hunt, Georgia Tech 7.7
17. Justin Jackson, North Carolina 7.7
18. Sheldon McClellan, Miami 7.6
19. Michael Gbinije, Syracuse 7.5
20. Matt Jones, Duke 7.4

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/con ... stats.html

Pretty good that Duke has three of the top 20 despite only returning four players. And our projected best player didn't even make the list.

UNC with five in the top 20. Really should win a title.

Well the players on the top teams will by default have better plus/minus.

I still don't fully understand what box plus-minus is, but I don't think it has anything to do with the basic plus/minus stat or how good the team around the player is.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I still don't fully understand what box plus-minus is, but I don't think it has anything to do with the basic plus/minus stat or how good the team around the player is.

It's a playing-time-neutral normalized statistic based on box score stats that's supposed to be interpreted as: Per 100 possessions, how many points better is your team with this player than with a player at the league average (which is 0.0).

What I don't know is what the "league" is in this stat -- is it based on ACC players only, or all DI players? That should make a big difference.

Edit: My guess is that it's ACC-only, and that it includes all of the walk-ons.

The splits between offensive BPM and defensive BPM are interesting, too.

Quinn Cook's Box Plus Minus was 9.6, and Darion Atkins's was 9.5

However, Quinn's offensive BPM is 8.2, and defensive was 1.5. Atkins's offensive was 1.7 and defensive was 7.8.

One last note: Like Defensive Rating, the main weakness of D BPM is that it heavily favors bigs by basically treating defensive boards as defensive stops.

Sounds like Billy Donovan will be the leading candidate to replace Scott Brooks in OKC. Maybe leads to Capel going to Florida and Alex Murphy transferring to Boston College.

Florida just hired Anthony Grant as an assistant. I guess they wouldn't promote him just because it would look weird for Florida to be picking up Alabama's scraps?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom