Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2015-2016

Sums up the state of college basketball in 2016.

1st team AA preseason:

Kris Dunn
Marcus Paige
Buddy Hield
Brice Johnson
Jakob Poeltl

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's wait and see where Sheed ends up before you put that in stone.

Tollefson is very good, but center is the least of Arizona's needs for next season.

If Hurley is the worst Duke can possibly do after K, we are good to go. Recruits know he's going to turn ASU into a power.

This helps us decently, I assume. Slow, plodding teams like UVA won't have as long to wait to exploit a defense, and teams like ours that use plenty of pressure to throw teams off from setting up their offense, will be even more effective because of that much less time on the shotclock after they get the ball upcourt.

People are saying Michigan is going to be good again next season with Walton and LaVert healthy, but looking at their numbers, I don't think Walton and LaVert are guys you really look forward to getting back. They'll be too good to lose to NJIT and that's a big step up, I guess.

PG Derrick Walton
SG Jaylen Brown
SF Caris LaVert
PF don't know
C don't know

We've come a long way since even considering for one moment the pros and cons of Eli Carter at Duke.

DurhamSon said:

This helps us decently, I assume. Slow, plodding teams like UVA won't have as long to wait to exploit a defense, and teams like ours that use plenty of pressure to throw teams off from setting up their offense, will be even more effective because of that much less time on the shotclock after they get the ball upcourt.

How many possessions would this realistically add to a game? If a team playing at 60 possessions per game was using the entire shot clock every time this would add 10 possessions. However, it won't actually affect possessions when the entire shot clock is not used. That would be most possessions.

Plus, there's all the possessions that go on longer than 35 seconds due to offensive rebounds. Those might or might not be shortened.

On other hand, if a team is prone to execute in the last 10 seconds of the shot clock, will they still be prone to do the same? In other words, will they start executing at 20 instead of 25? Or will they simply be executing even later in the shot clock, relatively speaking?

Yeah i agree that it will help us a lot. there were times where teams hadn't even got to the three point line and there was 15 seconds left on the clock. I think it may hurt (only a little) teams like unc. Teams may be more ready and willing to run with them.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... dated-odds

Check out the odds list below, courtesy of @BovadaLV:

Duke , Kentucky , Michigan State , North Carolina -- 10/1

Maryland -- 14/1

Kansas -- 16/1

Iowa State -- 18/1

Virginia -- 18/1

Arizona -- 20/1

Gonzaga -- 20/1

Villanova -- 22/1

Indiana -- 25/1

Oklahoma -- 28/1

Louisville, Michigan, Wichita State -- 33/1

Notre Dame, Texas, Texas A&M, Utah, Wisconsin -- 40/1

Cal, Florida, LSU, Miami, Ohio State, SMU, Syracuse, UConn -- 50/1

Baylor, NC State -- 66/1

Butler, Dayton -- 75/1

Arkansas, Auburn, Cincinnati, Florida State, Georgetown, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Providence, Purdue, San Diego State, UCLA, Vanderbilt, West Virginia -- 100/1

IC wants Roy to recruit "student athletes only" so they can have a 10% shot at winning a title every four years, instead of 10% shot or greater every year.

Gonzaga at 20-1 sticks out to me as good value when there really shouldn't be any good futures bets. Oklahoma 28-1 and Wichita State 33-1 also.

DurhamSon said:
IC wants Roy to recruit "student athletes only" so they can have a 10% shot at winning a title every four years, instead of 10% shot or greater every year.

Do they fall all over themselves to agree with that while Roy is out busting his ass (and missing) on essentially every OAD guy there is? Do they not remember Wiggins from just last year?

aiw said:
DurhamSon said:

Do they fall all over themselves to agree with that while Roy is out busting his ass (and missing) on essentially every OAD guy there is? Do they not remember Wiggins from just last year?

It's even easier to forget when the few surefire OAD recruits you land are still on the roster two years later.

It's interesting how terribly wrong things have gone at Chapel Hill since Harrison Barnes. It almost makes me believe there's some sort of supernatural bad mojo stuff at work there, that things started going so badly for them from that moment on.

Rumors are UNC is losing out on Kenny Williams. Man tough sledding going on here

Good. It's better than any probable punishment. Let it continue.

‪BTW, when did that recruiting whiz assistant of Cal's leave UK?

#‎DukeNation‬ @TheDukeNation
Calipari offers: 25
Calipari commits: 3
Coach K offers: 10
Coach K commits: 5
Take this stat as you wish.

rome8180 said:
‪BTW, when did that recruiting whiz assistant of Cal's leave UK?

#‎DukeNation‬ @TheDukeNation
Calipari offers: 25
Calipari commits: 3
Coach K offers: 10
Coach K commits: 5
Take this stat as you wish.

Orlando left at the end of last season. Cal then hired another recruiter-assistant (Slice), but he left for St John's.
This may be when Cal starts seriously looking for that NBA job.

I actually would rank Kansas preseason #1 right now, but I probably wouldn't even bet on them at 16-1 (I might though, close call). That kinda shows how not top heavy next year's field will be, unlike this year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom