Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

Pretty sure this is punishable by death over there

UCLA players shoplift in China

Crazy. I was thinking they might lose their hands. Seriously.

Maybe worse than getting your hand chopped off.

Yeah, it's not good either way. I found your "worldly" comment strange but didn't comment at the time. Everyone knows The People's Republic isn't exactly a bastion of human rights- not a stretch to think they'd do some Saudi-level stuff to shoplifters.

I found it strange that you think China would summarily separate high profile Americans from their hands, so we're even.

Last edited:
During the first part of the civil war at the end of the Roman Republic, Pompey fled from Caesar to Egypt where he had a lot of clients and felt he would be protected. Ptolemy saw which way the wind was blowing and welcomed Pompey on shore and then decapitated him. Caesar showed up and Ptolemy presented him with Pompey's head. Caesar wept.

The Chinese may have missed an opportunity here. They should have immediately chopped of these guys' hands and presented them to Trump as a gift when he showed up in China this week. That could have been hilarious.

My buddy works at an American consulate in China and has to deal with Americans who get arrested over there all the time.

Bail is almost unheard of for foreigners and it’s difficult to avoid charges without a lot of political and financial leverage.

LiMelo is lucky to be somewhat famous by association and that Trump is visiting there this week.

Most watchable opening night games and lines:

25 Texas A&M vs 11 West Virginia (-7.5) (Germany)
Georgia Tech vs 21 UCLA (-8.5) (China)
Northern Iowa at 9 North Carolina (-16.5)

Cannot make it to Boston for Duke vs. BC. Going with Ottawa gang to see Syracuse vs. Notre Dame instead.

What a terrible "article." And Bilas giving it even a sliver of credibility is embarrassing.

Kevin Knox has started his UK career by shooting 6/23 (26%) and 2/8 (25%) from deep.

Did anyone know Paulus is now an assistant with Louisville? I had no idea.

Kevin Knox has started his UK career by shooting 6/23 (26%) and 2/8 (25%) from deep.

Small sample size. I do agree with what I believe your overall point is - Duke's recruiting miss actually was a benefit to the program, as Bags came aboard in lieu of Knox.

Small sample size. I do agree with what I believe your overall point is - Duke's recruiting miss actually was a benefit to the program, as Bags came aboard in lieu of Knox.

I do wonder if they wanted Knox AND Bagley. Could have happened while not giving a scholly to Robinson. But, yeah, I'm not losing sleep over the miss. Knox is not a 3 or even a stretch 4. He's a skinny banger. He honestly reminds me a little of Javin. Lottery talk is absurd, IMO.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom