Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2022-2023

Yeah I don’t know how much stock to put into Shot Quality. Easy to take at face value but if you were to dig into their algorithm, curious if it really holds up. I think stat nerds want to believe it’s right without digging into how the calcs work.

Yeah, I watched a good bit of that Arkansas/UCONN game and there’s no way that ‘Shot Quality’ score makes any sense. They should’ve just kept that score quiet. The Shot Quality credibility score is now 0.

Agree with the two posters above. UConn shredded their defense for extremely easy layups like 10 times. That alone should create a massive disparity. I mean, it's true that Arkansas missed close shots too, but we all would expect Arkansas to miss more of those than UConn. A UConn layup is a better shot than an Arkansas layup based on what they've done on offense all year.

You don't even have to go into all of that. Unless Arkansas's shots were completely uncontested and UConn's were with a shot blocker draped all over them, the shot profile alone shows you they got better shots.

Heck, a 100% contested layup (to use NBA 2K terminology) is still probably better than an open midrange jumper in expected point value. That may be an exaggeration, but not an absurd one.

As strange as this Final Four may seem, the NIT final four is even stranger: Wisconsin vs. North Texas and Utah Valley vs. UAB. Heels could totally have taken this thing.

Fun fact: Despite their basketball program having found new life in recent years, apparently the UConn athletic department has disastrous finances and may not even be able to afford renting the XL Center for off-campus home games anymore. They rejoined the Big East and had football go independent back in 2019.

BE basketball/Indy football would not be viable for Duke financially. We have to keep pouring money into the football program (pay Elko whatever it takes to keep him around, K made $13 million in 2022, we can afford it), rack up some big wins on the gridiron, and hope and pray we can secure an invite to the B1G/SEC.

Big East is #1 for me. Fuck them rural football-filled other conferences.

I don't know what UConn's problem is, but I'm sure all their schools aren't losing money like that.

But... okay it looks to be true that the Big East's total revenue is something like 1 2/3 times the ACC's PER SCHOOL revenue disbursment.

I enjoy Duke football (in some ways more than basketball at this stage, though that may change if we start consistently keeping non-elite guys in school longer) and would rather not see it wither and die again as an independent program.

One of the smart things that K did was build an endowment for the Duke basketball program. So that it doesn't depend on the university and the athletics department for funding, the Duke basketball program is self-funded.

Isn't Edey 7'4"? Walton could be around six inches shorter than him here, putting him at 6'10". Also, you shrink as you get older.

Yeah, it's more of a comment on how huge Edey is

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom