Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2022-2023

2) At the start of every season, ESPN declares the Big 12 the greatest conference in the history humanity and then they play each other for four months, so it never gets disproven

It has admittedly had a great four year run.

2019 - Texas Tech loses in the title game to UVA in OT
2020 - Kansas finishes as consensus #1 when COVID kills the season, with Baylor also in the top 5
2021 - Baylor wins the national title
2022 - Kansas wins the national title

Meanwhile, the P12‘s last title came in 1997, and the B10‘s in 2000.
No argument from me that they're better than the P12 or B10. I just dislike this thing where we crown a conference in November and base every subsequent decision on that. But I guess that's the nature of shorter and shorter non-conference schedules. It's particularly an issue with the ACC since we play so many fucking conference games now.

ACC needs to scrap the 20 game schedule for sure. It sucks. I do think the league has been generally weak for the last four years, though. Did well in the tournament last year, but hasn’t been close to its 2014-2019 peak overall.

It's the same explanation as every year. They really don't give a shit about these conference tourneys, maybe not after the first day. There's almost zero benefit to winning them unless it's for an auto-bid. For all we know Duke was on the 6 line before beating Pitt and Miami.

And yes, it's clear they didn't account for the UVA refjob at all

It’s bullshit that UVA is higher than us, but I’m happy to avoid Bama’s region. I like our draw aside from ORU.

It's the same explanation as every year. They really don't give a shit about these conference tourneys, maybe not after the first day. There's almost zero benefit to winning them unless it's for an auto-bid. For all we know Duke was on the 6 line before beating Pitt and Miami.

And yes, it's clear they didn't account for the UVA refjob at all
But these are two teams from the same conference that don’t bring up any weird conflicts by switching them last second. I’m just flabbergasted at that seeding.

If they had us as a 6, or even a 7, going into the tourney it makes sense they wouldn't switch us two+ seed lines up

If they did most of the seeding after Thursday, UVA had five Q1 wins to our 3, and a better Q2/Q3 record, not to mention finishing higher than us in conference. I really don't think they were anywhere near the 6 line

Has the committee ever said they don’t care about conference tournament games? Would be nice for them to make that known.

Conference tourneys meaning so little for seeding is such a dumb, shitty thing for the sport in general. Wouldn't it benefit everyone involved for the opposite to be true? "The committee" seem like such stupid, lazy sacks of shit who really shouldn't have such arbitrary and subjective power.

If conference tourneys matter this little, how far off are we from a team/coach saying fuck it, I don't wanna risk my guys getting injured, I'm comfortable with where we're currently projected, and skipping it to prepare for the NCAAT? Is that what it would take for the committee to start taking the results of the conference tourneys more seriously?

If conference tourneys matter this little, how far off are we from a team/coach saying fuck it, I don't wanna risk my guys getting injured, I'm comfortable with where we're currently projected, and skipping it to prepare for the NCAAT? Is that what it would take for the committee to start taking the results of the conference tourneys more seriously?
Was thinking about this specifically with regards to Houston. The only meaningful outcome that was possible in their conference tournament was an injury, and that ended up happening. Same with UCLA. I guess if they beat Arizona they could've gotten a 1 seed, but given how things played out in the ACC I'm doubtful.

The Committee is every person in corporate America that is trying to reuse a prior version of the slide deck and wants to makes as few updates as possible.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom