Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2022-2023

i'd love for us to get bama as a sweet 16 matchup. we could also get a face angle for once as they have the most disgusting player coach combo in recent memory. i'm also not convinced they're that good and have mostly had a horseshoe up their ass all year in close games.

i'd love for us to get bama as a sweet 16 matchup. we could also get a face angle for once as they have the most disgusting player coach combo in recent memory. i'm also not convinced they're that good and have mostly had a horseshoe up their ass all year in close games.

Of the projected 1 seeds, give me UCLA, Alabama, Kansas and Houston in that order.

i mostly think nate oats is a psycho and like our chances vs his demeanor in a tournament setting.

Marcus Sasser hurt his groin. If he’s out or limited that is massive. Setting up at this point for me to just root against being in Bama’s bracket if we are on the 4/5 line. If we are a 6 I care a lot less about the 1 seed.

Of the projected 1 seeds, give me UCLA, Alabama, Kansas and Houston in that order.

Why are we so scared of Kansas relative to Bama? Metrics aren’t super impressive. Bama’s are. UCLA banged up. Now Hou may be too.

What scares me about Kansas is they’ve won something like 17 Quad 1 games and are very battle tested. Plus they’ve had our number ever since the Tyler Thornton Game in Maui, and we tend to struggle against "brand" teams in the NCAAT. Since the early 90s, only a few wins over Izzo, with losses to UConn, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Nova (though they hadn’t reached their peak yet under Wright), Indiana, UNC, and a couple to the Master of March himself. Just not a very good track record, though all the old rules seem to be null and void now with K gone, so maybe it doesn’t matter as much anymore.

They've won 17 Quad 1 games because:

1) They've won 10 games by two possessions or fewer

2) At the start of every season, ESPN declares the Big 12 the greatest conference in the history humanity and then they play each other for four months, so it never gets disproven

Reactions: aiw
By contrast, here are Kansas's margins in their losses:

So it's not like Duke, where you can point out we won a lot of close games but also lost a lot of close ones too. Their record based on their point differential should be a lot worse.

Last edited:
2) At the start of every season, ESPN declares the Big 12 the greatest conference in the history humanity and then they play each other for four months, so it never gets disproven

It has admittedly had a great four year run.

2019 - Texas Tech loses in the title game to UVA in OT
2020 - Kansas finishes as consensus #1 when COVID kills the season, with Baylor also in the top 5
2021 - Baylor wins the national title
2022 - Kansas wins the national title

Meanwhile, the P12‘s last title came in 1997, and the B10‘s in 2000.

They've had at least one team advance far every year. But overall in the tournament, I'm not sure they've done that much better than the lowly ACC.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom