Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2023-2024

gotta love march, as much as it pains me to say given the current state of this team.

Another interesting graphic which tends to confirm some priors about Duke—boring and methodical. The patent for the patented Duke run has clearly expired.

What is the Y in the "Strong Teams" oval? Only Y team that came to mind was Yale. But it looks like they're in the middle there.

I always hate graphics like this. Just give us a list with team names instead of making something difficult to read where you have to recognize the logo of some random 12 seed.

I also really hate the charts where they show some player efficiency stat with a bunch of disembodied heads. Yeah, because I can totally recognize Malakai Branham from a thumbnail the size of a pebble when he's three rows deep in a cluster of 50 players.

Not saying this one is that bad. Just a general pet peeve.

One quick note: In the past, I have shared graphs that show each team’s average 10-0 runs per game, which is pretty useful but does not account for strength of opposition. There could be two teams who both average 0.8 scoring runs per game, but one plays in the Big 12 and the other plays in the… well pretty much any other conference. To improve on this, I have developed a statistical model that adjusts for opponent quality and calculates each team’s “expected scoring runs per game” against an average D1 opponent.
This is what he said in the linked blog. "I have developed a statistical model" doing a lot of work there...

Feel like this is exactly the kind of guy Scheyer would be allowed to get in the portal by Duke higher ups and could actually be a good player down the line (former pro’s son, good academics, clean background, from a good academic school). Unfortunately his freshman numbers were ass across the board, and he’s more SF than combo guard, the latter of which Duke will desperately need next season after the exodus.

Feel like this is exactly the kind of guy Scheyer would be allowed to get in the portal by Duke higher ups and could actually be a good player down the line (former pro’s son, good academics, clean background, from a good academic school). Unfortunately his freshman numbers were ass across the board, and he’s more SF than combo guard, the latter of which Duke will desperately need next season after the exodus.

I actually think Duke needs a PG AND a SF. Or more accurately, they need a 3/4. They'll have a roster filled with 2/3 types along with 4/5s and pure 5s. Potentially nothing at the 1 and no big wing who can shoot (unless you believe in Power for some reason).

I would say Evans, Harris, and Knueppel are all kind of the same player positionally. Sort of bad roster construction if Duke has a bunch of players leave. Not even sure Edgecombe would have been the solution there, although I liked him for other reasons. Need a guy roughly Mark Mitchell's size who can actually shoot.

I mean, I guess Flagg is sort of that. But I question his shooting. I see him more as a big with perimeter skills.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom