Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2023-2024

As frustrating as later K could be at times, he never even came close to reaching the depths Calipari has. I don’t remember when exactly he got his lifetime deal. Was it after the Lakers courtship in ‘04?

Late stage K was frustrating, but it was overall still pretty damn good. It gets revisited in a negative light as often as it does because, IMO, so many of those seasons we were coming in with very high expectations and elite recruiting classes. Not many coaches can say they finished their careers as strongly as K did post-2015. Most of them really drop off hard. Coach K did not.

There are no really young and rising up and comer that would make one want to replace Calapari with. Other than the pipe dreams( Wright, Stevens, Hurley) the names dandied about are Scott Drew and Tommy Lloyd, are you really going to do a $33 million buy out, and whatever Drew’s buyout is at Baylor, for that coaching upgrade?

It’s still crazy to me how far Cal’s fallen. He was 56 years old in 2015, and had made 5 Final Fours in the previous 8 seasons, and 6 overall. I genuinely expected him to add at least 2-3 more and probably bag a second title. He seemed on track for a Roy-level career, maybe a little below, even after Wisconsin stopped his undefeated steamroller. Instead, his Final Four drought will reach 10 years next April, and his last 4 seasons have been what I feared late stage K might become.

The portal is fun but man some of these guys are getting horrible advice. That guy Lynn Kidd from VT wants $500,000 in guaranteed NIL money. No one is paying that.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom