Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2023-2024

I actually think Duke needs a PG AND a SF. Or more accurately, they need a 3/4. They'll have a roster filled with 2/3 types along with 4/5s and pure 5s. Potentially nothing at the 1 and no big wing who can shoot (unless you believe in Power for some reason).

Yeah, I agree. The way I think about it is we need to have about 5 vets (returnees/transfers) to add to the 6 freshmen.

If it were up to me, the ideal balance of those would be:

* 3 point or combo guards
* 1 3 and D guy who can guard 3/4s, like you mentioned
* 1 big who can defend and rebound.

Of all the potential returnees that are already in our program, any of our core guards all count in that first box. Stewart counts in the last box. Power is the closest we have to the middle one, but would need to improve on defense a good bit.

I actually think Duke needs a PG AND a SF. Or more accurately, they need a 3/4. They'll have a roster filled with 2/3 types along with 4/5s and pure 5s. Potentially nothing at the 1 and no big wing who can shoot (unless you believe in Power for some reason).

Yeah, I agree. The way I think about it is we need to have about 5 vets (returnees/transfers) to add to the 6 freshmen.

If it were up to me, the ideal balance of those would be:

* 3 point or combo guards
* 1 3 and D guy who can guard 3/4s, like you mentioned
* 1 big who can defend and rebound.

Of all the potential returnees that are already in our program, any of our core guards all count in that first box. Stewart counts in the last box. Power is the closest we have to the middle one, but would need to improve on defense a good bit.
Power would need to shoot like 43% on high volume if he's not going to do anything else. This season he didn't even do the one thing he supposedly does well well.

They really need to think about the schools they sponsor before rolling that out. Saw Brown Energy this weekend.

Alabama has already accepted a transfer. Wild.

I don't think reliable high school stats exist, period. But all the 3pt numbers I've ever seen for him from various tournaments haven't been encouraging.
I'll say this about Flagg: over the past year, he's become a much better shooter in the sense of being able to get his shot off on the move, off the dribble, etc, and hit it. He may not be greatest % catch-and-shoot guy, but he get his shot off against defenders at a level Mark and Flip can't.

Agreed; he’s never going to be a catch and shoot guy anyway. He won’t develop that skill because there’s no reason to and he won’t get the reps. His 3pt numbers will always look relatively bad to mediocre because he’s taking more Tatum 3s and fewer Redick 3s. I guess a smart coach would just leave Flagg open at the arc when he’s off the ball, to encourage wide open catch and shoot 3s from Flagg, but I doubt that’s what’s happening at the HS level.

He felt to me very much like a future Virginia Tech/Wake Forest coach, and that didn’t make me happy because he looks good.

I also think there have been some schools that have been very slow to adapt to NIL and I would think that some are finally starting to find their footing and will have a better shot at player retention. I’m talking about places like Wake and UVA that were really far behind but have supposedly been trying to make up ground

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom