Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2024-2025

Whats everyones thoughts on Mark Pope hire? At first it seemed underwhelming but he does run good offense. Recruiting seems to be the main question but Kentucky sells itself

Whats everyones thoughts on Mark Pope hire? At first it seemed underwhelming but he does run good offense. Recruiting seems to be the main question but Kentucky sells itself

Recruiting is the biggest question for me. Are they going to stick to some OAD or do they pivot as a program in an entirely different direction or some combo of both? The thing with Cal is you always knew he was going to be involved with the top guys. I assume he'll still be involved with the top guys at Arkansas but maybe not to the degree as he was at Kentucky. So, I'm curious whether Pope goes for the OADs or not. If he does, will he be able to land them consistently and then win enough to continue to make UK an attractive option?

This would create a chasm between the top 4 seeds in a region and everybody else, and strangle most Cinderellas in the crib, but the chalkiness would probably be very good for ratings.

Does Duke lose against South Carolina in 2017 if that game is played in Cameron? Maybe, but it's a hell of a lot fairer than getting to play in South Carolina. I think Duke manages to avoid humiliation to Lehigh and Mercer in this instance as well, even if those teams would have bombed out in the S16 anyways. 2008 was running on fumes so I doubt it changes the fortune of that squad either.

Duke could very well have met UNC in the final four five years before they actually did, against a team we'd already beaten twice

I like the idea of starting on Sat/Sunday, and I think they should make the NIT a 3 day tournament of two 8 team groups and the 2 winners make the NCAA, this way all the bubble team stop complaining, the NIT would never be declined again and is meaningful, and this replaces the playin games.

I like the idea of the NIT becoming a play-in tournament, but more realistically, the NCAA would be stupid enough to simply expand the NCAAT instead, so it's 128 teams, with 64 12-16 seed caliber teams playing in the 1st round for entrance to the Round of 64.

While maximizing chalk would benefit Duke, my tournament experience simply wouldn’t be as good overall if I hadn’t gotten to see UMBC dismantle UVA and Calipari get humiliated twice in three years, even if we were sitting on 7 titles now instead of 5.

HCA for top seeds isn't entirely logical from a competitive standpoint, since a lot of the lower seeds are conference champs who don't have much ability to schedule P5 opponents and make their schedules stronger. They're simply viewed as weaker in the end to warrant their low seeding, so a bunch of old dudes would be handicapping them with road games merely because they believe these teams deserve to be handicapped.

What little NBA caliber talent Bennett had is now gone. Losing Dunn and Beekman is brutal

Last edited:
Chandler’s a really good pickup for Kentucky. We’ll see how the missed two years impacts his readiness, but he had a big rep coming out of high school.

Marquee programs are losing players to transfer who literally started the previous season. It's not just Duke. I'm not sure how anyone thinks this is acceptable. Just like with OAD, the only team that seems immune to the trend is UNC.

Marquee programs are losing players to transfer who literally started the previous season. It's not just Duke. I'm not sure how anyone thinks this is acceptable. Just like with OAD, the only team that seems immune to the trend is UNC.
Its now all about the bidding war. None of it makes any sense. For some of these guys its their only chance at getting a big pay day and life altering money. For college basketball programs not too fun. There is no developing players any more because they are either heading to the NBA or to the portal to find the biggest pay day

Im curious who he could be talking about. Seems like most of the big names are in the portal already

I’m rarely right, so when I am, I have to announce it. I called this NIL bullshit before it all started. I didn’t see any way it didn’t turn into a giant clusterfuck that would destroy the already flailing sport.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom