Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Derryck Thornton

Today, we survived a brutal Thornton stretch, an even worse Allen stretch and an even worse Kennard stretch and won. Team is getting better.

Yup those were brutal stretches though I don't think Thornton should have been called for a charge

Dude played a beautiful game with the exception of the two shitty midrange shot attempts (where he went 1-2). He missed the layup when he split the defense, but it was an amazing move. He also gained us several possessions with his hustle (his save on the opening tip and his first half steal to name a couple).

Basically I'm saying to get your heads out of your analytic asses and see the potential. Hate to pull a Kevin Strickland. But know that it comes from someone who actually largely believes in the utility of analytics.

And it may just be coincidental, but he's played significantly more minutes than Kennard in this four-game winning stretch. We've seen our defense rise 20+ spots. Our offense has stayed at #2.

His d has been pretty good. Basically as long as he doesn't force shots I am ok with him. K calling a timeout with 6 seconds left saved us all from some serious Thornton rage. He was about to do something stupid

I felt like he knew K was going to call a timeout. But I'm just basing that on his dribbling once he crossed half court.

K clearly likes him. Has a longer leash than you'd expect given his mistakes. Part of it's necessity, but that hasn't helped Jeter.

Grayson gave him the WTF look / gesture a few times yesterday. He's definitely communicating better especially when it come to DT.

Per an ESPN blog piece, Thornton missed Allen being open for three and at the next timeout Allen told DT to "pass [him] the fucking ball."

I really like that Allen would say something like that. Especially since he's on the God Squad.

Terrific game. Good shot selection too. Needs to make those wide open threes, but they were good shots.

The only thing I didn't like was when he tried to ht a rolling Jeter. Who thought that was going to work? I'm guessing only those two.

His best game? I thought he was really good at both ends, with only one brutal turnover.

I was so enthused once Matt fouled out. Derryck has been so much better so far this tournament.

He's going to be important against Oregon. We're going to need him to break Oregon's press-assuming they throw it at us- and to cut off dribble penetration against Dorsey.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom