Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

Could this mean that K finally found those defensive strategy videos on YouTube?

aiw said:

I used these videos and turned into a stud baseball player. Don't hate.

Last edited:
Taken in tandem, these numbers bolster an argument that Bosh has evolved into one of the most efficient shooters in the NBA inside the arc. However, the same qualities that pushed him to that status drive the ongoing evolution in his approach. This season, after the constant egging on of one of his teammates, Bosh introduced a new wrinkle to his game: a 3-point shot. And it has immediately become one of the biggest factors in this year’s playoff run.

After watching Bosh light it up from 20 feet for years, Shane Battier recalls trying to persuade him to extend his range.

“He was already shooting so well from the top of the key, a step inside the 3-point line, and I was always saying to him, ‘CB, just step back and get that extra point. You don’t have to be as good, and you’ll score more points.’”

Given Bosh’s analytical understanding of the game, Battier said, it wasn’t a hard sell. “He’s one of the guys who can understand the math behind it and know why stepping back a foot increases your dividends.”

http://grantland.com/features/chris-bos ... r-scoring/

There are plenty of players who laugh at this.

“I’d like for us to be a smarter team,” Krzyzewski said. “Not that we were dumb. But smart in an instant. Smart while things are going on. Being able to make changes while the game is going on. We weren’t a team that could do that last year. I would hope that we would be able to do that and that means that we can do a little more.”

http://www.fayobserver.com/sports/colle ... xk.twitter

To have success, Sulaimon must also stay in good shape.

He acknowledges a love-hate relationship with conditioning - Ward calls it his "kryptonite" - and Sulaimon often cited a poor fitness level as a contributing factor to his sophomore struggles.

"When your conditioning is gone, and other parts of your game are starting to suffer from it, you lose your confidence a little bit,” Ward said.

Sulaimon has asthma, and taking just a few days off can set him back significantly. He wasn't as disciplined as he needed to be after helping Team USA win the FIBU U19 World Championships last summer.

"I’ve always had asthma - it's always a thing I've battled, especially growing up," Sulaimon said. "It's still not an excuse. When I'm in really, really good shape, it doesn't bother me that much. When I'm not disciplined every day, a day or two of not exercising, I can get in terrible shape. It's all about knowing my body, knowing my condition and making sure I'm staying on top of it."

I thought this was sort of ironic

Former Duke guard Austin Rivers also worked out in Houston last week, and he said he's been impressed with what he's seen, although he notes that an emotional player such as Sulaimon must act more even-keeled on the court to lead younger teammates.

Although it obviously looked like Sheed's conditioning was poor, I did not know he had asthma. Hopefully he can keep up his training this summer.

Jesus, are we becoming Fatty U or something? Seems like every other player we have is out of shape. Tony Parker is regretting not committing.

Duke will have 3 lottery pick talents this season, plus junior versions of 5-star talents Amile Jefferson and Rasheed Sulaimon, in the starting lineup. The bench rotation will be entirely top 50 players in their respective classes.

I'm just hoping for Sweet Sixteen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fucking Alex Poythress. His stock has now fallen beyond Marcus Paige and Brice Johnson...

Praise be to the campers of the basketball.

Grayson not afraid of Okafor, while Justise considers boxing out Maker.
BraLxNqCEAENyCa.jpg

Mp3, Jahlil, JustiseTyus, Maker, Matt, Sheed, Cook, Semi, Grayson, some other Sudanese guy (Is that Matur Maker? Can we call him Baby Maker?), and some kinda-Paulus-looking guy that's wearing shorts that not actually Duke issue shorts, but look like it.
BraITdxCYAAW7v2.jpg

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom