Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

Syracuse definitely won't be what they were this past season or the year prior but they should manage to be alright and get into the NCAA Tournament. I'm pretty sure Boeheim has some sort of 20-win season streak going. Losing Grant and Ennis to the draft along with Fair to graduation obviously takes away almost any possibility of Syracuse being an actual contender however that zone should be able to somewhat mask their lack of talent and experience this season and keep them at a competitive level. Their two incoming freshman point guard Kaleb Joseph and big man Chris McCullogh should get a lot of early burn which should help the team down the stretch and going into the following season.

Trevor Cooney is coming back although it will be interesting to see how well he performs as the #1 offensive option as opposed to the 3rd or 4th option as I'm not sold he can be a #1 option in an offense. Silent G and Dajuan Coleman will have to take significant leaps for Syracuse to solid, and there is no reason why they can't improve a lot with the off-season coming up and greater roles on the team which might spark some more confidence.

They won't beat very good or anything but Syracuse won't be mediocre either. I think Duke, UNC, UVA, Miami, Pittsburgh, and Louisville should all have better squads than Syracuse, so I would imagine Syracuse will finish in the 7-9 range in the ACC.

Wonder if ESPN trolls everyone and makes a Duke @ Maryland big ten challenge game this year.

Duke will be playing a good team in the challenge.

aiw said:
Duke will be playing a good team in the challenge.
Going to Madison seems much more likely don't know who what the rest of it is shaping up to look like.

The B1G is going to be pretty weak compared to the last couple of seasons. Wisconsin will be a top 5 team. Belein really has the ball rolling in Ann Arbor and even though losing Stauskas is a big blow I get the feeling that he will figure out a way to put together another strong team just like he did this season after their rough start with losing McGary. They have a really strong duo with Levert and McGary and their freshman point guard Walton could have a big breakout year after a solid freshman season. Ohio State should take slight dip from the 6 seed they got this season, and MSU will be down with Payne graduating and Harris going pro. Indiana will be improved most likely won't make a whole lot of noise but that Yogi kid as their point guard could be so electric he leads them to exceed their expectations.

All in all the B1G will be way down next season as Wisconsin will be the only team in conference that will be very strong and Michigan will be good. besides that they have a bunch of teams that will probably be in that 6-10 seeding wise for the NCAA Tournament.

I think we have a road game in the B1G tournament this season so it will be a tough match-up regardless of who we get.

Given the draft deadline was yesterday, sheed will, in fact, be suiting up for us next season.

You see uncy12, this is why you don't "wait and see what happens" when all the rumor and innuendo regarding duke players comes exclusively from the IC brainfucked masses like TrustInRoy

BmWSk7IIMAEfCY3.jpg:large

Half of these guys hate Duke.

Damn. I forgot about the existence of chicken and waffles. I am going to eat the hell out of that back in NC.

DurhamSon said:
Given the draft deadline was yesterday, sheed will, in fact, be suiting up for us next season.

You see uncy12, this is why you don't "wait and see what happens" when all the rumor and innuendo regarding duke players comes exclusively from the IC brainfucked masses like TrustInRoy
I was hoping it was true with Suliamon because it would have been such a god awful decision but I doubted it. Tbh I expected Cook or Semi to leave. Rumor is the big ten matchups are coming today

ACC and B1G do Duke a solid, offering up a respectable, non-resume crushing loss in the First Road Game.

frank-kaminsky-getty2.jpg

Goal is to stay within 30.

Kamisky used the Bobcats as an example of why he returned to school. Says the Bobcats are one of the reasons that people think the NBA is boring. Sounds funny for a guy that plays for Wisconsin to say, but it is clear to me he was talking about the atmosphere. Some Charlotte people are going crazy.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Lol (not really) at getting Wisconsin on the road. Worst possible. Schedule will be RPI ridiculous.

Why? We had to get a road game and have no chance in hell at winning it, so might as well play a team where a loss won't be a bad loss.

Conference schedule is tough but what other part of the pre-conference schedule is particularly scary? Michigan State is a fringe top 25 team and UConn is not much better than that. In the CvC, UNLV and Temple will be terrible. Stanford could be fringe top 25.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Lol (not really) at getting Wisconsin on the road. Worst possible. Schedule will be RPI ridiculous.

Why? We had to get a road game and have no chance in hell at winning it, so might as well play a team where a loss won't be a bad loss.
This is how I feel as well. Since it's a guaranteed loss, I would rather lose to a top-5 team at their place than some mediocre to lousy team. The only bad part about playing a very good team is Duke will probably get whipped throughout instead of losing it in the last 5 minutes like Duke does vs mediocre to lousy teams.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom