Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke basketball 2015-2016 discussion thread

rome8180 said:
I know this sounds crazy, but I can never find good places to eat in Manhattan. In Brooklyn or Queens, yes.

There are so many good places to eat in Manhattan.

Max Brenner
Joe's Shanghai
Shake Shack
Umami Burger
Jane (I go into the city just to eat here, sometimes)
Luke's Lobster
99 Favor Taste

then you have a lot of the popular stuff like ABC Kitchen, Carmine's, John's, (i like John's, I know people who don't, though) Tartine,

there is so many more too, but that's what I've been too. They have some damn good Vietnamese sandwhich shops, too.

god i'm so hungry now.

I think it's because all my friends have lived in the other boroughs for like 10+ years that I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I just always end up at some bullshit chain place.

If I have to eat food in Manhattan, I usually get this super cheap falafel in the village or go to the Indian restaurants on 2nd and 6th, I believe? But it's been a fucking long time. I also used to have some awesome dim sum at this place in Chinatown.

rome8180 said:
I think it's because all my friends have lived in the other boroughs for like 10+ years that I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I just always end up at some **** chain place.

If I have to eat food in Manhattan, I usually get this super cheap falafel in the village or go to the Indian restaurants on 2nd and 6th, I believe? But it's been a **** long time. I also used to have some awesome dim sum at this place in Chinatown.

lots of good dim sum in china town.

you talking about the halal guys regarding the cheap falafel?

It used to be $2 back in the day. I imagine it's $4-5 now. At that point it was cheaper than a slice of pizza at many places.

I'm talking right off Washington Square park. Can't remember the exact street name.

I guess that's not technically the Village but just to the west of it.

I lived on the Upper East Side in 1999 and 2003. Lot's changed. Also, my family lived on 22nd street until I was six (1986). My last memory of New York was a moment of silence for the Challenger explosion. Got down to Durham and everyone was heartbroken over this guy named Johnny Dawkins losing in the national title game.

Yeah, pretty sure that's it. Is there a big hanging hunk of lamb? (Not that that's uncommon. I just miss it.)

Thanks for that list, Slap. Are you referring to the Jane hotel in the meatpacking district? That is where I usually stay when I go to NY. They do have a nice restaurant there as well.

Slap the Floor said:
rome8180 said:
I know this sounds crazy, but I can never find good places to eat in Manhattan. In Brooklyn or Queens, yes.

There are so many good places to eat in Manhattan.

Max Brenner
Joe's Shanghai
Shake Shack
Umami Burger
Jane (I go into the city just to eat here, sometimes)
Luke's Lobster
99 Favor Taste

then you have a lot of the popular stuff like ABC Kitchen, Carmine's, John's, (i like John's, I know people who don't, though) Tartine,

there is so many more too, but that's what I've been too. They have some damn good Vietnamese sandwhich shops, too.

god i'm so hungry now.

Duke 77 Belmont 76

11/11/11

4 year anniversary

RIP

I forgot that was on the ultimate Veteran's Day.

You can't blame the team for the results of that game. K loves the army so much that he had to celebrate all day instead of game planning.

The first hint of just how bad that team could suck. People mostly chose to ignore it until later in the season. Smarter folks learned from that mistake and caught on very early in 2014.

An encouraging early sign was the aggressive way the Devils attacked the basket. Frontcourt (Ingram and Amile) and backcourt (everyone except Thornton) looked pretty good in this regard.

"He's also averaging zero fly suits per game, far below last season's average." Very nice.

God, defensive rating is an utter crap stat. Just look at those numbers and tell me they reflect reality in any way.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom