Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

This season has done a lot to stoke my ageism. Is there a 71+ year old anywhere that isn't a complete piece of shit at his job?

Really could have used Jordan Tucker last night

I actually saw this comment being made seriously on twitter multiple times last night. Even if they know zero about the behind-the-scenes rumors, what did they see from Tucker (and K) up until this point that made them think he would have played a single minute last night?

People are incredibly dumb.

I would happily go back to 2005-09 right now (except without the UNC dominance).

I'm not ready to do that, although I would agree that the 2008 team was far more fun to watch. They just have to get their shit together; there must be a way to play even middling defence with the players on this roster.

This discussion pretty clearly articulates the wide range of reasons why defense at Duke is an institutional failure at this point.

Bad coaching begets bad play, and bad play begets bad attitudes. Who knows what scheme change might ultimately work – assuming anything will work at all – but I actually agree with Steve Clark's suggestion that the X's and O's are sort of moot until/unless the players and coaches are humiliated enough to actually fight back.

I'm tired of the players being mentioned. I don't think it's a lack of effort from the players. Maybe an occasional player or two but I think everyone is trying. But this isn't the NBA where teams have players locked in for years with bad contracts and can't trade them. K is literally bringing in almost anyone he wants. The top players in the country and he's putting out an average of a 63rd ranked defense over the last 7 years. In comparison, Calapari who had had way more turnover than K is putting out a 28th ranked defensive average over the same time period.

You move up our defensive average 35 spots over the last 7 yrs we probably have another 10 tournament wins and maybe a couple final fours and possibly a title because our offense is always top 10.

I'm tired of the players being mentioned. I don't think it's a lack of effort from the players. Maybe an occasional player or two but I think everyone is trying. But this isn't the NBA where teams have players locked in for years with bad contracts and can't trade them. K is literally bringing in almost anyone he wants. The top players in the country and he's putting out an average of a 63rd ranked defense over the last 7 years. In comparison, Calapari who had had way more turnover than K is putting out a 28th ranked defensive average over the same time period.

You move up our defensive average 35 spots over the last 7 yrs we probably have another 10 tournament wins and maybe a couple final fours and possibly a title because our offense is always top 10.

Five stars

At the end of the day, we can discuss it over and over but we all know K won't change anything. It's so frustrating to see that we have hands down the most talented team in a very flawed year for college hoops and I have zero confidence in this team making the final four.

I'm with you. I mean, I half expect a loss tonight. Just know Pitt will be pumped up, crowd will be into it and we will play zero defense.

I agree with this. I don't think K just keeps accidentally recruiting players who don't want to try at defense or have limited defensive ability. And I also don't think Cal keeps accidentally recruiting good defenders. In fact, UK and Duke frequently recruit the same players.

Look at Towns in the NBA. And he was on one of the most dominant defensive teams of all time. A good defensive coach figures out a scheme that the players he has can execute.

Yep. Me used to make fun of Roy because he wouldn't change his schemes to fit her changing personnel. Well now that is exactly what we have with K. He'll adjust the offense but not the defense.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom