Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

I would like to punch K in the throat for not going harder after Trae Young.

That is exactly what I see happening. Defence remains shite, but with Trae Young the team is unguardable. No sagging off of the perimeter.

That was pretty good, Rome. I agree with the author about 'More Javin' - it is so hard to take minutes away from Carter & Bagley, though.

I also would like to see a consistent (not necessarily singular) approach to overcoming the problems on D. Improved communication and effort are sorely needed for this. Over to you, coaching staff.

Nice article, I've said all year that Carter switching makes me sick. I agree if Jav is in then switching is fine. I think duke needs to switch or go under on the PnR. But this means Jav needs to get more minutes than he's currently getting.

In big games:

Duval 35/Allen 5
Allen 33/Trent 7
Trent 25/Jav 15
Bagley 35/Jav 5
Carter 25/Bolden 15

Here's the way I see it:

Bagley guards the perimeter better than Carter but offers nearly zero rim protection.
Carter can't guard the perimeter but offers great rim protection.
Javin offers both but no offense.
Bolden offers both but little offense or rebounding.

I gotta say, this team may be infuriating, but the highs are as spectacular as any Duke team ever. The lows are typical Duke lows.

How in the wide wide world of sports did the Master have no one foul out of this game and still win?

Duke has been under 50 percent in Kenpom win probability at some point in the last ten minutes of every game they've played against top 100 teams (note: South Dakota/Furman were not top 100 teams at the time of their game with Duke but have since moved inside the top 100)

Michigan State (WP as low as 41% with 4 min left)
Texas (WP as low as 3.9% with 8 min left)
Florida (WP as low as 2.8% with 10 min left)
Indiana (WP as low as 45.8% with 6 min left)
BC- LOSS
FSU (WP as low as 45.4% with 5 min left)

I went through the beginning part of every year since Kenpom began tracking WP in 2010 and I never got past the second game against a top 100 team without finding a game where Duke was above 50 percent for the entire last 10 minutes. If you think Furman/South Dakota should count in this analysis, it's also true that I never got past the second game against a Power 6 conference team without finding a game where Duke was above 50 percent for the entire last 10 minutes.

What a weird team.

Team doesnt seem to GAF until opposing team gives them a reason to GAF...mainly in the form of a late lead. Only difference with BC is they did not stop making shots.
Along with shit defense, this feels like a recent trend. Probably a causal relationship but i’m not sure in which direction.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom