Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2018-2019

2012 played five games between @FSU and the NCAAT. 1) Came somewhat close to blowing a 23-pt lead with 10 min left at Wake. 2) Needed OT to beat a bad VT at home. 3) Blown out by UNC at home. *Kelly injured* 4) Struggled to beat VT in ACCT. 5) Lost to FSU.

While I agree they wouldn’t have lost to Lehigh without Kelly, they were stumbling down the stretch anyway.

Last edited:
2012 was crazy frustrating. We had the 79th best defense and our least efficient offensive player taking the most shots. Definitely my least favorite season since 2007.

Worst part about 2012 was that I'd been worried about Lehigh all week, but then Missouri lost its 2/15 game like an hour or so before Duke-Lehigh began. So, like an idiot, I really relaxed going into the Duke game, thinking there was no earthly way two 2 seeds would lose essentially back-to-back.

Reactions: TBC
Trust in K guys. The man who led us to back-to-back Elite 8s will work on next season's roster and put together a fantastic team. He is The Master, after all.

We never had the ball up 3 with under 1:30 left. I've seen several people say this. If we did, K would've drained 30 seconds off the clock, but we never put ourselves in that position, unfortunately.

If we could've got a stop on the possession when we were up 3 and Winston threw that lob to cut it to 1, we'd have won the game IMO.
They had the ball, but we had 4 fouls to give. We could have drained every bit of 30 seconds, probably a lot more, if we'd used them.

100% agreed with that. We should've been using those fouls as soon as they got in to a threatening position. The second Winston got under the three point line we should've grabbed on to him.

Honestly, I love all the pre-2014 teams better than this one. The only player I enjoyed watching this year was Zion. Those earlier teams had several multi-year players that fans were able to develop a connection to. The UNC buzzer beater trumps any win from this season bc that team had no business winning that game. They overachieved and gave us a game for the ages. All the spectacular games this season we probably should have won handily (the UNC game in the ACCT not withstanding).

I only would have enjoyed this season as a whole if we had won it all. That's surely unfair, but that's what it feels like it would take to make a season memorable when the team is filled with OADs.

In contrast, 2015 would have been great even if we came up short bc of Quinn, MJ, Grayson, MP3, and Amile (maybe even Sheed LOL). I don't think I'll ever go back and watch any of this season's games or highlights.

I hope a movie is made of this season one day. A mixture of fiction and fact. Could be titled the following:

In Like a Lion, Out Like A Lamb: The Story of K's Lost Title

Start the film with the Kentucky game. You then have flashbacks to Cam, Tre, RJ, and Zion's recruitments. Zion dunking on tiny white kids. Then a massive campaign by Kentucky fans to say he's "just a dunker". Then as the film progresses he just keeps getting better to the point he's being compared to The Monstars. Then you have the shoe explosion and the behind-the-scenes politics afterwards. You have people from all over doubting the return and then, bam!, he comes back! Zion gives a rousing speech in the locker room prior to the Syracuse game in Charlotte. Then they go on the tournament run, Tacko game, VT game, etc. Then the last 10-15 minutes or so are centered on the Michigan State game and K refusing to feed Zion on the last play, instead opting for an R.J. Barrett drive to the rim. Barrett misses in super slow motion.

The entire walk to the locker room is filmed in black and white and without sound- the life has been sucked out. The critics will say it's the most poignant sports film moment since Boobie Miles tore up his knee.

The ending shows an undisclosed Washington, D.C. mansion with two posters on the wall of cultural icons Lisa Ann and Mike Krzyzewski. There is a pool in the center of the home in which a young man- mid-20s- appears to have drowned immediately after the final buzzer. There's a flashing red neon sign above the pool reading: "There Are No Gods Among Men"

A violin plays softly and the credits roll.

Don't be giving ESPN+ any ideas. Don't forget to super slow motion with a circle drawn around Zion of him being wide open cutting to the basket on the last offensive play of that lost season.

Do some of you guys actually not hide post signatures? Why would you do that to yourselves? I thought those died with geocities in 1972.

I imagine you fanboys all have brilliantly curated novels like this I'd have scroll through a million times every day to find your sunny-eyed shitposts:

---------------------------------
@~*~* @aiw *~*~@
duke-forum.com
Poster
Duke Fan
Neat Guy
****"If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best!"**** :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::innocent:
#thebrotherhood
Fav Duke Player: ZION WILLIAMSON :triumph:
82-50
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
#camfam
#nomeeeeeeeee
F*** the UNCheats
"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive" -Van Wilder :yum::tonguewink:snapchat: dukefan4ever99:smilingimp::smilingimp::smilingimp:

Tre played so hard for his mom and to be playing and have everything go 1,000 mph one minute and then for it all to come to an abrupt end. It literally ripped my heart out. He has to come back for unfinished business, maybe the Jones' family will pick the stability that Duke can offer for at least one more season.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom