Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2019-2020

I think the only silver lining here is if more guys stick around (assuming we have roster space) than we anticipate.

What's so infuriating is that despite its shortcomings, this team still could've been remembered as the one that snapped the 10-year ACC regular season title streak, but no, beating one of Wake Forest, coached by an empty suit in a game we led by 9 with 80 second to play, or UVA, in one where 53 points were all we needed, was too much to ask of Coach L.

Not even a silver lining because actual good players coming in might decommit. Imagine losing Jalen Johnson because Matthew Hurt wanted to refine his skills some more.

Best part of this season that keeps making me laugh is Zack rushing the annual donation collection up right before the season went to total shit. If only Duke University hired people with his foresight for their fundraising.

I don't think we've hit the nadir yet, IMO. 2007 lost their last four, I think losing our last 3 is very much in play. Which would make it 6 out of our last 7

This is the only season so far in the century that I just don't watch Duke games. There is nothing whatsoever enjoyable about this team and watching K's shitty coaching effort is even less so. I can't even hang my hopes on next year, with a roster that's not going to be any better than this one and with K sinking deeper into senility.
I hope Zion can stay healthy at least until K retires so I can have something left to care about in basketball.

Team is done. Not sure what happened- maybe the beginning of the year was just fool's gold.

Ready for Tre and Hoss to head to the G League. Honestly don't care if Matthew goes, too. Would Moore even make a G League roster?

Time to start focusing on 2020. To the Rosterbation thread we go . . .

Best part of this season that keeps making me laugh is Zack rushing the annual donation collection up right before the season went to total shit. If only Duke University hired people with his foresight for their fundraising.
Seriously debating that donation after getting a warning for using the hard F in the game thread. Really shows how soft this forum has become.

Seriously debating that donation after getting a warning for using the hard F in the game thread. Really shows how soft this forum has become.
That word has never been ok on this board. If you want to press your luck, be my guest.

I guess I chose the wrong time to donate to this forum

Edit: if heat of the moment comments on a game thread warrant this type of response, then there's no way I'm donating in the future. Unfortunate I have to make this edit to clarify my position.

Last edited:
Look at the box score, it is so telling:

Tre Jones- 17 points, 2 assists, 1 steal, zero TO's
Vernon Carey- 17 points, 10 Rebs, 3 Blocks, 5 Fouls
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now the rest of the team:(Starters)
Cassius Stanley- 1-9 FG, 0-3 3Pt, 4 Rebs, 4 points
Wendell Moore- 1-5 FG, 2 Rebs, 2 Points
Matthew Hurt- 0-2 FG, O Points

That's Duke's pathetic STARTERS!

Bench:
Javin DeLaurier- 2-5 FG, 2 Rebs, 3 Blocks, 6 Points
Jordan Goldwire- 1-3 FG, 3 Rebs, 2 Points
Joey Baker- 1-5 FG, 1 Rebs, 2 points
Jack White- 0-4 FG, 3 Rebs, 0 Points
AOC- 0-1, 0 points

No production from any damn body but Tre and Carey, NOBODY