Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2019-2020

I can only laugh at whatever this season has become. Yet another wasted year of my life.

Duke Basketball has caused me more pain than happiness since the E8 game even started last year. I got so mad after the game tonight that I went straight to bed. It isn’t even the UVA game because if we didn’t lose to ass teams like State and Wake then this game wouldn’t even have mattered. I feel terrible for Tre but I guess some things just aren’t meant to be! This shit isn’t good for my health and I don’t know why I keep watching.

I guess I chose the wrong time to donate to this forum

Edit: if heat of the moment comments on a game thread warrant this type of response, then there's no way I'm donating in the future. Unfortunate I have to make this edit to clarify my position.

I will cover for your donation next year and I'm blocked by half the board. Lol.

Not sure why you want to use slurs. That does not indicate toughness.

Over/under on Duke wins + UNC losses the rest of the year: 1.5

Place your bets

I'm going to take some time off from the performative bashing for a serious appraisal right now:

We all pretty much agree Duke doesn't develop much anymore and that K is a shell of his former self. However, I think this team was clearly playing above its head for much of the season. We just aren't that talented. Hard to figure we beat Kansas on a neutral court and Michigan State (top 10 on Torvik) in East Lansing.

When you see a lineup of Goldwire, White, and DeLaurier, that's 3 guys who were brought in as fringe role players and can't really create offense for themselves, and you can be sure we just don't have the horses. Hurt and Moore are two of the biggest "hopeful OAD" busts in Duke's OAD era. Carey is good at times but he's certainly no Zion. Stanley disappears for entire games. Tre Jones is a fine player, but it seems like he's trying to do way too much to compensate for all of this. So it's really no shock that we are frustrated with him at times. Baker is good at one thing and when it's not falling he doesn't play. Alex pretty much does nothing well.

I'm obviously not happy with 23-6 and some of the embarrassing losses lately, and this season appears to be lost. I don't see us righting this ship. But we have a good group coming in next year that has a couple good players and some guys who aren't total non-entities like Javin and Jack who will be here for experience and depth. Let's hope and pray we get the majority to stay for more than one year and pair them with the Griffin class. That seems to be K's last shot at serious contention.

Overall, I would grade this coaching job a D+-maybe C-, because K is responsible for bringing the proper recruits in. Weak overall class, sure, but we could have used some multi-year guys. I'm going to be pissed when Hurt leaves to play for the Erie BayHawks.

The dick tease this team gave us has made the collapse all the more painful. I was fully prepared for this season to be the miserable slog it's turned into, but Duke showed us enough early on to get our hopes up. After the first 5 ACC games, we looked like a bona-fide national title contender, but it's been all downhill since the Clemson and Louisville losses, and finally bottomed out the last 10 days. This team even stayed in the hunt for the long-elusive RS title until the bitter end, before blowing it in disgusting fashion. I wish we'd sucked all year and had 10 losses right now. It wouldn't have been as frustrating.

I think this team showed who they were as early as the SFA loss. It was like the Vermont home game in 2014 (?). And honestly, all of the problems that we assign to Jack and Javin and AOC are 100% on K's back. It is impossible to add value when you don't have a role.

The bench yo-yo thing is one of K's worst traits as a head coach, and it's been a signature problem of his for decades. I'd rather see him play 6 guys than jerk 4 guys around for an entire season. It's way too much pressure to put on a kid.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom