Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2019-2020

This site allows you to simulate results on the five games in the ACC today and see how it would impact brackets:

http://bball.notnothing.net/acc.php?sport=mbb

Takeaways:

- Didn't even do any with FSU losing because they're a 17 point favorite. Assuming FSU wins, Duke is either the 3 or 4 seed, with the 4 seed setting up a semis matchup with FSU and the 3 setting up a semis matchup with L'Ville.
- To get the 3, Duke has to win and L'Ville has to beat UVA on the road in what is basically a pick-em game. I think that's the only way.
- But the 3 sets up a matchup with UNC in the quarterfinals on Thurs, who I believe may be locked into the 11 or 14 seed, which is essentially the same thing as 11 plays 14 at the bottom of bracket. It would be UNC's third game in three days if it happens. I believe the only teams UNC could play in their second matchup (assuming the beat whatever trash team they play first) are...wait for it...Syracuse or NC State, the two teams they absolutely own every year. I don't believe Duke could play UNC until the finals if Duke is the 4 seed.
- I don't know if this site is even accurate and I didn't do every combination (permutation?) of outcomes.

We won the 2nd meeting. I guess we should expect the 2nd week this season? Still hesitant on that.

On the one hand sweeping UNC and making it out of the 1st weekend should be considered "meeting expectations."

On the other hand, am I correct in thinking we would have won the ACC if we hadn't blown that 9-point lead to Wake? We would have had the same record as FSU, right? But we'd have had the tiebreaker? Shit like that is incredibly frustrating.

Yes, all that stood between Duke and our first ACC regular season title in a decade was Danny Manning, trailing by 9 with 1:20 left. Such a disgusting collapse.

I'm trying not to think about it because when I do it really, really pisses me off. Completely and utterly inexcusable.

The 1 seed is there for the taking and we limpdick the finish in Winston fucking Salem.

Cant believe we’re the 4 seed in the acct with our once in a decade conference schedule.

Maybe it's confirmation bias but I haven't seen a player seemingly hated and/or called out by his peers in the ACC and associated media outlets as much as Anthony in quite some time. I think it's no secret how much of a selfish cancer he is. Even casual fans I know, both Duke and UNC fans, can't stand him.

Grayson Allen too I guess, but not his freshmen year.

Yes, all that stood between Duke and our first ACC regular season title in a decade was Danny Manning, trailing by 9 with 1:20 left. Such a disgusting collapse.

I'm trying not to think about it because when I do it really, really pisses me off. Completely and utterly inexcusable.

The 1 seed is there for the taking and we limpdick the finish in Winston fucking Salem.
Completely irrational take

Completely irrational take

His take is completely factual. He is talking about the ACCT.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom