Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2019-2020

I don’t think Duke’s road play is very complicated or difficult to analyze. Here is the score of every Duke ACC road game 5 minutes in, with home team listed second:

6-11
7-9
4-12
7-9
2-8
6-11
9-10
6-12
9-10
5-11

That’s 10 games, and in all 10 of them Duke was down 5 minutes in. In 8 of 10 games, Duke remained down at the 10:00 mark. The only outliers are the Miami game which ended up as a blowout win and, oddly enough, Saturday’s game at Virginia. You can’t win very much when you are constantly chasing points because you came out flat and/or with a poor plan.

And this doesn't even include getting blown off the floor at home to start the Louisville game.

We sometimes appear to have absolutely no plan, much less a poor one. Tre's play early in many of these games has been frustrating, particularly in the sense that he's not providing much of a stabilizing influence, but it's hard to lay it all at his feet because it doesn't seem like he's being given much in terms of direction or guidance.

It also doesn't help that we don't have many finishers, or shooters, or rebounders, or a consistent defense.

UNC reeling off 8 or 9 straight wins to make the NCAAT suddenly feels like the most natural way for this dumb season to end.

And this doesn't even include getting blown off the floor at home to start the Louisville game.

We sometimes appear to have absolutely no plan, much less a poor one. Tre's play early in many of these games has been frustrating, particularly in the sense that he's not providing much of a stabilizing influence, but it's hard to lay it all at his feet because it doesn't seem like he's being given much in terms of direction or guidance.

It also doesn't help that we don't have many finishers, or shooters, or rebounders, or a consistent defense.

Coming out flat hasn't really been an epidemic in home games, but yeah, that one stands out. Another game in which Duke just wasted itself trying to get back into a game

Season saved in 3 parts:

1. Zone
2. The Benching of The Whites
3. The Emergence of JORB

If we miss 12 of our first 13 shots from the field against any team that makes the NCAAT then we are toast!

If Duke loses to UNC, Duke finishes #4. Assuming Duke wins (lol), the other game of importance is obviously the Louisville at UVA game. Duke finishes #3 with a Louisville win and #4 with a UVA win. Technically, Duke is still alive for #2 with a win over UNC, Louisville win, and BC win at FSU.

What's the scenario for us to play UNC in the ACC Tournament? Because I'm convinced we will lose to UNC Saturday and then lose to them again in the ACC Tournament.

There’s a lot up in the air in terms of seeding so it’s too hard to list out all the scenarios. Both teams still have large ranges.

I have no idea what will happen on Saturday but I do believe we’ll be down by 8-10ish points at some point in the first half.

What is the deal with our poor starts and falling behind early in every single game anyway? Duke's personel as starters? Are we fatigued before the game starts? Every team Duke plays is amped up and ready to go but Duke seems lethargic and lifeless in every contest. I don't get it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom