Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2020-2021

Would Seth Towns have 2 years of eligibility? Immediately eligible with 2 to play?

He can fucking shoot and he's 6'7. Considering he actually plays somewhere decent, unlike where the UNC grad transfers came from, and that we could potentially get him for 2 years, I think we should absolutely do this. We almost certainly aren't going to hit 13 scholarships next year or the following year so if he busts who cares? He's 6'7 and in his sophomore season he shot 44% from 3 and 80% from the FT line. He also averaged 6 rebounds per game which is pretty solid at 6'7, especially if he's being considered to play the 2.

Are there rumors Matthew Hurt might transfer out of Duke?
Because he changed his Twitter profile pic from a pic of him in Duke gear to one of him in high school. People are speculating a transfer for a couple reasons: 1) he really doesn't seem ready for the NBA; 2) if he was going pro, why would he be distancing himself from Duke in that way?

I'm assuming nothing will come of it, but the kid Bruner from Yale would actually be a good roster fit.

And not just because he had 17 points (2-4 3pt), 15 boards, 5 assists, 4 blocks, and 2 steals at the Dean Dome in December.

We really should at least be attempting to make use of the transfer portal. Is everyone seeing how many players are transferring? It's like an epidemic. I'm sure someone out there can help Duke next year or for the next couple of years if they have to sit out.

Iā€™m not sure Duke would hold much appeal for players transferring for PT issues. Would have to be a post-grad, with a particular set of skills, hoping to play for a contender.

And there just arenā€™t many great players out there, like Seth, willing to sit out a year for the sake of exposure.

After watching some highlights, I think Towns is best suited at the 3, and that he could probably play some 2. Considering how well he shoots the ball, and that he also rebounds pretty well, I like this a lot. The big thing here is that he's not a one and done- he has 2 years to play and that's significant. His freshman year he averaged 12ppg and his sophomore year he averaged 16ppg and he shot the ball well both years. You have to think he's already better than Baker and O'Connell, and that alone makes him valuable since he'd be upgrading the rotation.

Last edited:
This guy is transferring out of Ohio State. I would imagine he has to sit one to play 3. He was a freshman this year and he's a 6'2 guard that average 10ppg, 3 assists per game, and he shot 40% from 3 and 76% from the FT line. DJ Carton is a true point guard. I really think we should consider reaching out to him. He would have to sit a year, but IMO I would be surprised if we were able to land a point guard in 2021 who would be as good as a redshirt sophomore DJ Carton who's already played a full season in the B1G.

Last edited:

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom