Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2023-2024

What fate awaits this Duke team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are times I get annoyed with the negativity from some posters, but I've always taken it as sarcasm once it passes the bounds of normal criticism. If it's not, too bad for that person.

I still make my plans around Duke basketball, unfortunately, but get over losses almost immediately now when I would have been pissed for days (years? I remember old Duke collapses much better than recent ones) before. I think it's just getting older and realizing there are more important things going on.

I just remember older games better, period. It's been a challenge on the podcast. I can tell you specific plays from 2009 but can't remember anything from the Vermont game.

Reactions: aiw
There are times I get annoyed with the negativity from some posters, but I've always taken it as sarcasm once it passes the bounds of normal criticism. If it's not, too bad for that person.

I still make my plans around Duke basketball, unfortunately, but get over losses almost immediately now when I would have been pissed for days (years? I remember old Duke collapses much better than recent ones) before. I think it's just getting older and realizing there are more important things going on.

We say a lot of stupid shit in the heat of the moment. When I tell Flip to gdiaf, I don't literally wish him to self-immolate, I want him to quit driving into multiple defenders, spinning out of control, and turning the ball over.
It's just more efficient to say GDIAF, that's all.

This is where I’m at. Idk if it’s having a kid or just lessening my time on message boards altogether, but I can handle a loss easily now. Just throw on an episode of Jeopardy or Gilmore Girls and I’m set.

We say a lot of stupid shit in the heat of the moment. When I tell Flip to gdiaf, I don't literally wish him to self-immolate, I want him to quit driving into multiple defenders, spinning out of control, and turning the ball over.
It's just more efficient to say GDIAF, that's all.
I never take the stuff said during the game seriously. But I've been annoyed when I've come here after a win where we covered and the posts made after the game are all about how much we suck.

I remember getting annoyed with Farmer about that one game and him calling me a Pollyanna. Not every win is going to be JMU. Even good teams look like shit surprisingly frequently.

This is where I’m at. Idk if it’s having a kid or just lessening my time on message boards altogether, but I can handle a loss easily now. Just throw on an episode of Jeopardy or Gilmore Girls and I’m set.
I wish I could handle losses. The only way I can is complete detachment. I can't watch the game and not be violently angry if it doesn't go our way. If I don't watch it, it's just a score to me and I'm a little bummed, but I don't have those two hours of misery burned into my skull.

Due to my job, I barely watch the games in December and mid-February. When I was younger I would prioritize Duke games when making plans. Now I do not- if I'm home I'll watch it after I see a post on social media reminding me of the game. Usually I watch the games while smoking weed, which I am doing right now. This has essentially melted away my anxiety and stress while watching the games. After the games I jdon't care enough anymore when we lose. It used to stick with me- go to bed angry, wake up annoyed, and not fully get out of it until mid-day. Now I'm usually fine, and if I get slightly annoyed, I'll just bitch on here for a few minutes.

Feel like we’ve gotta balance going after transfers with recruiting the blue chip hs prospects, no?

If we weren't playing freaking NC ST next, I'd say right now is a successful season.

But fuck that noise, it's Final 4 or bust time.

I am extremely surprised that we were able to get here without Foster. We just have absolutely no depth. No disrespect to JB.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom