Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2023-2024

What fate awaits this Duke team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Despite the accomplishment of making the Elite 8, I will look back on the season negatively. This team was a paper tiger- strong on paper (KenPom) but weak in the biggest moments of the season. Home game versus Arizona, swept twice by UNC, first-round ACCT loss, and Elite 8 crash and burn to the 11 seed that beat us in the ACCT. The most memorable (and not a positive one) moment of this season is Wake Forest storming the court and hitting Flip. Our best win of the season is significantly weakened considering their best player and 1st Team AA was injured and did not return in the 2nd half. It's still a great win, but it's not one you will ever re-watch or think about again. Last season was much more enjoyable.

Despite the accomplishment of making the Elite 8, I will look back on the season negatively. This team was a paper tiger- strong on paper (KenPom) but weak in the biggest moments of the season. Home game versus Arizona, swept twice by UNC, first-round ACCT loss, and Elite 8 crash and burn to the 11 seed that beat us in the ACCT. The most memorable (and not a positive one) moment of this season is Wake Forest storming the court and hitting Flip. Our best win of the season is significantly weakened considering their best player and 1st Team AA was injured and did not return in the 2nd half. It's still a great win, but it's not one you will ever re-watch or think about again. Last season was much more enjoyable.
Yeah we just wilted most of the time the bright lights were on. Feels like the only really solid win this season was vs Baylor in MSG.

Our best win of the season is significantly weakened considering their best player and 1st Team AA was injured and did not return in the 2nd half

I already see this enough on twitter can we not start putting asterisks on our own fucking wins? Jesus. Today was sad and disappointing but we still made the E8, and got that goddamn 30 year drought monkey off our back of losing to higher seeds. You can't be that mad when three hours ago you were saying none of this mattered because no one is beating UCONN anyways

Our best win of the season is significantly weakened considering their best player and 1st Team AA was injured and did not return in the 2nd half

I already see this enough on twitter can we not start putting asterisks on our own fucking wins? Jesus. Today was sad and disappointing but we still made the E8, and got that goddamn 30 year drought monkey off our back of losing to higher seeds. You can't be that mad when three hours ago you were saying none of this mattered because no one is beating UCONN anyways
There's no way to know right now, but if the way this ended somehow convinces two of our good perimeter players to come back, I'm ultimately okay with it. We probably overachieved this year, despite the disgusting missed opportunity - weren't ever winning it all. Next year is still the be-all year.

It does seem like this game might have killed any shot Proctor had at first round. I know it's hard to get excited about him right now, but we were back on his bandwagon a few hours ago, and thought he might be playing his way back into the first round. He's still young and IMO he'd be an extremely good junior.

We had no strong leader. Jon is still a young coach, so tough to fully rely on him to instill that sense of calmness with the team when the going gets tough.

This just reinforces to me that Duke needs to start adjusting to the transfer portal. We can no longer just rely on stud freshman. We need experience. We need adults to help when we get hit in the mouth like we did today against State in the second half. No one responded. We couldn't get a stop and we couldn't get a bucket. Just pray we can start landing studs in the portal to balance our HS recruiting strategy.

The Zion E8 was 100x worse than this, because we were the best team and I think would have crushed Texas Tech and/or Virginia. I wanted the FF bad but whatever the hell State has done in the last month Burns has turned into their own poor man's version of Zion and just started demolishing. Probably win this game 6 or 7 times out of ten but they had the best player on the floor and once we were in deep foul trouble the dam kind of just broke

The Zion E8 was 100x worse than this, because we were the best team and I think would have crushed Texas Tech and/or Virginia. I wanted the FF bad but whatever the hell State has done in the last month Burns has turned into their own poor man's version of Zion and just started demolishing.

I disagree. NC State was an 11 seed that finished 10th in the ACC regular season. Even after this win, they are #49 on KenPom. NC State as a program stinks, and Keatts is not a good coach. Michigan State was the 2 seed, top 10 on KP O/D and had a HOF coach with a lot of March success, we lost by 1 point in a great game. We lost tonight and looked inept and hopeless offensively. Also that Duke team hasn't played like a true juggernaut in weeks and barely survived UCF and VT.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom