Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2024-2025

How will this season end?

• Total voters

I listened to this. Who knows if what they’re saying is the absolute full story but don’t get the sense that Foster was on the fence about leaving versus transferring.

I don’t think Roach is returning by Ryan Young just said “welcome to two key returners in the backcourt.”

Ryan Young will probably go make a ton of money in the corporate world but seems like a great got to have around a team.

Don’t shoot the messenger but weird Twitter rumors from Duke accounts saying Roach is going to transfer and news will be out today.

Why would he transfer? Not like our guard depth would push down his minutes much/if at all.

Wonder what the odds of us looking at DJ Wagner are...

Jason Evans. Wow. Thats a blast from the DBR past.

I listen to DBR pods regularly. I like Jason, pretty enthusiastic Duke alumnus. I've rarely read DBR boards though.

DBR podcast does not go into deep analysis like TDD. Both casts have cool guests though.
We wanted to do the TDD pod because DBR was too homerish for us.

Roach transferring isn't ideal, but it also provides an incredible opportunity for Scheyer to tailor this roster exactly how it needs to be. Scheyer has been great so far in his recruiting, handling of the media, and improving the defense. In a lot of ways, Scheyer is proving to be very sustainable by raising the floor a little bit higher than it used to be in late-stage K.

Where Scheyer hasn't been great (not saying he's been bad) is roster construction. The pieces the last two seasons didn't always fit right. He has the chance to fix that now in the transfer portal. This is an important test early in his career- they have to get the roster right for Flagg and Maluach.

Current roster depth: what else is needed?!

Proctor/Harris
Foster/Kon
Isiah/Power
Cooper/Sean
KM/Pat

Not surprising re: Schutt. Still surprised recruits like him commit knowing they need to crack the Top 7-8 rotation their freshman year or else they'll just get recruited over. Then again, I wish we could balance players like him to play more during the year, but cut down the rotation in Feb/Mar when it really matters who's on the court.

After an encouraging 1st season with regard to player rotation, Jon seemed to shorten the bench. It's unfortunate, but I guess he did not see what he wanted from the deeper parts of the bench. Perhaps a different approach this year?

Comment not related to Jaden as his injury removed him from equation

Tipton saying that Maliq Brown is visiting Wed. He’s an undergrad so presumably we have the same academic credit nonsense as usual ?

Maliq had his best game of the year against us this past season. He doesn’t really shoot 3s though right? Is he the answer at the 3/4 we want?

Yeah wish we knew how the staff viewed him fitting into the rotation.

I'm going to be quite unhappy if we get him and Sean departs. He seems like a good all-around player, and surely less of a spaz/wild-card, but also nowhere near the rebounder or shotblocker Sean was, even with a higher % of his minutes not coming next to a 5 last year.

Is he supposed to be a better version of Mitchell? He took 19 3's the entire season. If he's going to come in and just be a defensive stopper and rebounder that can guard multiple positions i guess that's great? But why would he come here just to do that- he's going to want a larger offensive role which just doesn't make sense considering our roster make up

He’s about 6’8 225… In this highlight it mentions 89% of his FGA are at the rim at a 74% clip. Maybe a bad comparison but off the top of my head he’s like a like a new age Amile Jefferson type of player.

He played 40 mins in them, but ended the season with 3 straight double doubles. He also average 2.2 😳steals and 1 blk a game. Would be a great pickup! Jon has to do some work in the portal.

It was against Louisville…. But he’s capable of filling up the stat sheet
Brown had 11 pts/9rebs/5asts/5stls/6blks🤯

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back