Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Bball Alumni

Why 112 exactly? Why not just double it? Still would be a stupid fucking idea, don't get me wrong.

Boston blows a 30-point lead to lose to the Hawks despite a good Jayson Tatum game. With New Orleans having an absolutely brutal schedule coming up, with Duke playing Houston, and with UNC still alive in the tournament, this could be a very bad week for the cycle.

Zion with a 28/5/2 stat line tonight with 10/16 from the line. Up against probably the best defensive frontline. 4 seed now lookin very realistic.

Can he make All-NBA?

Last edited:
Also, wtf is "narratives are hard"? It sounds like typical condescending Twitter-speak, but I have no fucking idea what it means in this context.

I think he's saying that, despite their zeitgeist prominence, certain narratives are difficult to legitimize by criteria not rooted in confirmation bias.

So in this case, the initial narrative was that the ACC is a "weak" conference.(e.g. fewer bids than 4 other conferences)

Then of course the "new" narrative was the ACC being underrated (e.g. 4 teams making the Sweet 16 supposedly an attestation to its veracity).

And once again, you can counter that narrative (i. "is it really an underrated conference, consider these outcomes, ACC reg. season loses to SEC 3, etc.)

Which is what he's getting at... you can make the case for any of these narratives depending on what evidence/data points you cherry-pick, more or less. Which of course is inherently flawed.

Again, I may be wrong but I think he's saying narratives are difficult because they are often rooted in a fundamentally flawed methodology.

Zion vs Tatum right now.

And Kyrie was magical last night. 30 pts, with 14 of them in the 4th, on 100% shooting in the 4th. He really is "King of the Fourth".

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom