Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2022

Devilsforlife

Legend

This is as soft a schedule as a first year coach at a Power 5 school could hope for. I don’t think 6 wins are out of reach, even with the depleted state the roster will be in.

SEPTEMBER
2 – TEMPLE (3-9)
10 – at Northwestern (3-9)
17 – NORTH CAROLINA A&T (5-6)
24 – at Kansas (2-10)

Pre-season couldn't set up Duke any better. But I'm sure all their fans are looking at their respective schedules and see Duke on it and say, "There's a W".

Then there's this: A November to remember. Arguably as tough a schedule as Duke can get.

NOVEMBER
4 – at Boston College (6-6; invited to the Military Bowl)
12 – VIRGINIA TECH (6-7; lost to Maryland, 54-10, in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl)
19 – at Pittsburgh (11-3; lost to No. 10 Michigan State, 31-21, in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl)
26 – WAKE FOREST (11-3; defeated Rutgers, 38-10, in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl)

So what it comes down to is the middle of the season.

OCTOBER
1 – VIRGINIA (6-6; invited to the Wasabi Fenway Bowl)
8 – at Georgia Tech (3-9)
15 – NORTH CAROLINA (6-7; lost to South Carolina, 38-21, in the Duke's Mayo Bowl)
22 – at Miami (7-5; invited to the Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl)
29 – Open date

Duke could pick up none or all four games. This is where this year's team makes it or breaks it.

4 wins seems likely to me. This ship will take a couple years to right.

A&T and Temple should be wins. We beat Northwestern and Kansas in 2021 even with the ghost of Cutcliffe on the sidelines. Would have defeated Georgia Tech if Guerreri didn’t moronically play cover 0 at the end, as he always did. UVA, VT, UNC and BC are all mediocre at best. We’re not beating Miami, Pitt or Wake. I think realistically the range for wins is 4-7. Would probably set the over/under at 4.5.

Phil Steele Graphic

Some non-depressing Duke football news this morning.

I guess this means the end of the Duke-GT nerd bowl as an annual game. I think that game is actually almost as long running and historic as Duke-Wake (and less soul crushing). But the State game is back at least. No other NC school was given all 3 in-state games.

I’m stunned they gave Wake GT and not us. We’d played GT every year since 1933. Maybe I’ll get to see Duke beat FSU before I die now.

Elko sure seems to be getting a lot of commitments. Hope the players they're getting are good fits for their systems. Seems like they've had several commits the last few days.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom