Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

I cannot believe how bad the coaching staff royally F'd up the 2017 recruiting class. It makes me worried going forward about the program a little bit.

I am confused. He committed to UConn in 2015. Is he a transfer? Also, why would we want a 6'9" 200-pound player right now?

Granted, I would like it if we could somehow have a (Juwan) Durham, a (David) Duke, and a Cameron (Reddish) all on the same team.

NM. I see he is now 6'11" and 207 and that he was terrible in his 8.3 minutes at UConn. Makes sense.

rome8180 said:
NM. I see he is now 6'11" and 207 and that he was terrible in his 8.3 minutes at UConn. Makes sense.

We can't even do the transfer market properly. Kansas is just signing every top kid that transfers and we are interested in Dickerson and this guy. It's pretty amusing/frustrating how our recruiting has taken a bit of hit and it is solely to do with how bad the staff is managing/prioritizing recruits.

Dickerson is an entirely different category than this guy. Horrible defensive stats, but damn good at rebounding and offense. This person does nothing well.

The one plus of a guy like Durham is that he clearly has a high ceiling. He was a Top 30 prospect after his junior year, looked to be a good shot blocker, and could handle and shoot pretty well for a big guy, like a poor man's Giles. Of course, then he tore both ACLs, like Giles. But unlike guys like Dickerson and Obi, he's not earthbound, and he actually can (could?) do stuff with the ball. The only measurements I found for him were from 4 years ago, but at that point, as a 15-year-old, he had a 7'2" wingspan.

His stats from UConn were underwhelming, especially in terms of block% (3.3) and 2pt % (47.4). He did go 2-2 from beyond the arc, and had a solid 10.2 OR %.

I'd say he's a great catch for whoever lands him, given that he has a whole year to sit out, regain form, and fill out his frame. On our particular roster, I don't like the fit as much because he seems like he'd compete for minutes with Javin, and, to an extent Jack, whom I see as mainly a stretch 4.

In these single-game highlights, Durham flashes a lot of talent on offense, and blocks a few shots, but gets outpositioned by Tony Bradley on a few possessions.

Looks like Durham finished with 28p 9r 6b, Bradley finished with 18p 12r 2b (and the win in OT).

Last edited by a moderator:
So he went to the same school as Casey Sanders? And is tall, skinny, athletic and not very good?

No sweat. Just surround him with a Williams, a Duhon, a Battier, a Boozer and a Dunleavy. Langford/Jones/Javin/Zion and Hurt. Folks, we're beating AZ for the title in 2018-19.

UNC lock offered by Duke.

K: "We need some 4-year players -- like J.J., or Jon Scheyer... or even Josh Hairston, to go with your Jabari, Justise, and Jahlil types. Do you know what all those young men had in common? They all --"

Staff: "Say no more! (all race to phones to make offers)"

K: "...played with heart every possession. Guys? Where did you go?"

I have not done a side by side comparison - with this spate of new offers will our incoming class have lower quality 4yr players than UNC's?

niveklaen said:
I have not done a side by side comparison - with this spate of new offers will our incoming class have lower quality 4yr players than UNC's?

I would say only the Hamilton offer is questionable. The other '18 & '19 kids on the radar are either elite or would be (in theory) multi year contributors.

Because it worked out so well last year, when I kept posting these about Quade Green and Mo Bamba

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom