Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Please Emmit Williams

Emmitt Williams - 15 points (5-6 3-4 FT 2-3 3PT) 11 boards 5 blocks.

Also, look at this almighty line from Lil Stones

Tre Jones - 20 points (7-13 6-8 FT) 10 assist 1 TO 7 rebounds 2 steals

Too bad we probably won't get this freak

Marvin Bagley - 31 points (12-16 6-13 FT 1-1 3PT) 25 rebounds 4 blocks 1 assist 1 steal.

If Williams and Bagley somehow end up on the same team, I may just watch nothing but women's basketball for the season. The most apt word I can think of to describe them both is ferocious. The two of them would hurt many feelings.

I would be pretty content with a class of Garland-Tre Jones-Reddish-Barrett-Emmit Williams-McCormack- since every Duke fan including myself rosterbated their ass off about Duval-Trent-Knox-Carter Jr-Bamba class it's probably wise to not include Zion or Bagley in that mix.

but I'm glad the staff is on Williams, definitely a really good second option to Bagley.

childress22 said:
To be honest, I'd be pretty cool with that same group even without Barrett.

For me that would depend on whether or not Trent Jr returns. I think Barrett or Reddish can slide into the 2G despite the really poor shooting weekend Reddish is having.

Evan Daniels‏Verified account @EvanDaniels 16h16 hours ago
More
2018 PG Darius Garland is putting on a show here in Atlanta. Showing a good mix of facilitating & shot making. Confidence is sky high.

I hope there's zero chance Williamson goes to UNC. They're pushing hard for him, but they push hard for a lot of elite players who don't go there. Still, winning a title and having a couple of players go in the draft will go a long way towards restoring their credibility. As always, ABC.

childress22 said:
To be honest, I'd be pretty cool with that same group even without Barrett.
Yeah, that doesn't seem like a "pretty cool with" class as much as a dream class.

I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but I have a feeling we won't pull off Garland-Tre Jones. With Jones exploding this year, they are no longer "Garland is the starter and Jones is the 40-50th ranked player backing him up". They may very well be the two best point guards in their class, or at least both in the top 5, and I think that Garland might shy away from it (I'm just assuming Little Stones is coming). It's probably wise of the staff to keep in contact with Grimes and Quinerly, unless Goldwire is better than we all think (he's not).

Our playable guard depth for 2019 will essentially be Gary Trent (if he returns). The only SG Duke has offered for that season is Romeo Langford.

K will need any guards he can get, whether they fit the "true point guard" meme that people still talk about or not. Maybe that desperation and availability of playing time for guards in general will convince an elite PG that he can coexist with Tre Jones, who could make this all moot anyway by picking Minnesota after seeing a Duke 2018 train wreck and K's retirement.

Based on a quick BallIsLife review I'd be totally fine if the staff went all in on Quinerly over Garland assuming Garland doesn't come for whatever reason.

I want Tre more than any guard. If there's anyone that would drive him away, then we should not recruit that player. But if Tre is cool with it, then we can recruit 5 PGs for all I care.

I agree that Jones should be our #1 priority at PG. With the rise of Jones though, I'm pretty sure getting Garland and even Quinerly is going to be difficult. The plan originally made sense because Jones was ranked much lower. That won't be the case much longer. We will probably have to land a PG similar to Matt Coleman, rankings wise, to come along with Tre Jones.

I agree with your thinking that the staff should probably give JQ some love, but that ship may have sailed. Duke is not on his final 7:

http://www.vuhoops.com/2017/5/16/15645926/villanova-basketball-recruiting-2018-jahvon-quinerly-list

Slap the Floor said:
I agree that Jones should be our #1 priority at PG. With the rise of Jones though, I'm pretty sure getting Garland and even Quinerly is going to be difficult. The plan originally made sense because Jones was ranked much lower. That won't be the case much longer. We will probably have to land a PG similar to Matt Coleman, rankings wise, to come along with Tre Jones.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom