Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

We never land players like him. So I assume we won't land him either, despite the Deng connection and his obvious love for Duke. Being there live to see Blake Hinson take a shit in Jared McCain's open mouth can't have helped either.

• SadRoyface
Reactions: beo
I believe He visited Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA and Duke. Plus considering G league.

GLeague has been a disaster.

UK has Jayden Q. -#1Center
And Somto C- #9 Center

Kansas has Flory B. - #2 Center

UCLA is terrible.

Duke has big Pat- #4 Center (coming off foot surgery) KM Would start and play big minutes right away. And seems to like Duke. A commitment could come by the end of the month.

Agree with rome that we never get players like him. Would be a fun player to have next season.

We never land players like him. So I assume we won't land him either, despite the Deng connection and his obvious love for Duke. Being there live to see Blake Hinson take a shit in Jared McCain's open mouth can't have helped either.

Can't this have the opposite effect though? Some of these recruits have to see performances and think "man I could go in day one and get forty minutes a game ahead of these pussies"

Salivating at the thought of this Khaman kid paired with Cooper on defense.

Given how good of a help defender Cooper is, along with Khaman's supposedly elite-level interior D thanks to his 9'8" standing reach, think we would lead the league and perhaps the nation in 2pt % defense.

Can't this have the opposite effect though? Some of these recruits have to see performances and think "man I could go in day one and get forty minutes a game ahead of these pussies"
Maybe, but I know as a teenager, I would have been highly influenced by how much fun I had on the visit. That lingering emotion would have had a huge impact on my decision. It's gotta be absolutely miserable to be hanging out with the team after a loss, particularly a bad home loss.

Also, I think seeing a model for your own development is more of a pitch than seeing a several players at your position playing like shit.

PG Proctor (jr) / Foster (so)
SG Roach (5th) /Foster (so)
SF Flagg (fr) / Evans (fr)
PF Mitchell (jr) / Evans (fr)
C Maluach (fr) / Stewart (so)

DNP - Schutt, Harris, Knueppel, Power, Ngongba, Reeves (not on scholarship), Ivy League Transfer (not on scholarship)

UNC fans will certainly talk trash about Duke ruining the draft stock of Proctor, Foster and Mitchell to the point of them being forced to return to school over and over, but I think their contributions on the court as upperclassmen be worth the embarrassment of being that type of program. Having a lottery pick coming off the bench will be fairly uncommon for Duke.

Last edited:
Great; was really hoping we could find another small forward in addition to Nate Ament in that class, so we can add them to sophomore 6'6"-6'7" wings Darren Harris, Kon Knueppel, and Isaiah Evans.
I consider all those guys big shooting guards in terms of skillset, size, and play style. I'd actually like to add someone more in the Tatum/Ingram/Mitchell size range if Mitchell leaves. Those other three are more Gary Trent than Tatum to me. Ideally, you'd have Power as the 3/4, but he's gone, imo.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom