Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Harry Giles III

Pantone287 said:
WCS that can actually do basketball things on offense.

Much, much better rebounder. But yeah, basically.

Giles/Tatum/Jeter/Kennard/Jones/Jackson + maybe Allen + either Thornton year 2 or Daenerys isn't fair. Plus Obi and super athletic freshman/men who just want to make history. Stupid good. Like UK this year but with better fitting pieces and a coach who won't play Harrison-type talent 25+ mpg. God help the field if Ingram stays or Bolden bites. Undefeated talk is usually dumb, but has to be in play.

rhfarmer said:
Duke goes undefeated and K drops the mike and walks away.

He couldn't. Not with Carter, Bamba, Bagley, Harvey, Brown, Trent and Young coming in. High level OAD recruiting is like crack that way, the next hit is quick and just as good.

Roy's like an alcoholic now. Has to drink for years to catch a decent buzz, but even then the high pales relative to the really strong stuff.

You think people hate Duke now? Imagine if we went undefeated only two years after winning our last title.

I don't think a top 8 of

Giles FR C
Tatum FR SF
F. Jackson FR PG
Allen JR SG
Kennard SO SG
M. Jones SR SF
Jeter SO PF
Thornton SO PG

has more than a 10% chance of going undefeated. We'll need the NBA rule change and the expected Bagley reclassification to give the following season's team a 60-70% chance.

Bagley FR PF
Giles SO C
Tatum SO SF
W. Carter FR PF
F. Jackson SO PG
Allen SR SG
T. Brown FR PG
Kennard JR SG

A junior Chase Jeter isn't good enough to break the top 8 on that team, but good enough to go top 10 in the draft. A senior Grayson Allen who finishes his career with 3 national titles is only the 6th best player, but good enough to put up easy NPOY stats if he played for any other team. All 8 guys go in the lottery except Luke Kennard (skin color), an ideal college player. 5 other eventual NBA picks (Jeter, Gary Trent, Trae Young, DJ Harvey and one other chosen one) make up the rest of the roster. They don't get meaningful playing time. Antonio Vrankovic and Sean Obi are long gone, having realized they would have a better chance of getting playing time on half of all NBA teams than on Duke.

He is now the 4th best player in 2016 according to Jerry Meyer. Probably not good enough to lead us to an undefeated season, realistically.

Jayson Tatum, best friend of Harry Giles III, is now considered as the 14th best prospect in the class. If Jerry Meyer knows what he's doing, it appears that the 2016/17 team has very little chance of guiding Duke to an undefeated season.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but Meyer really does love to underrate Duke commits/prospects.

skins said:
Jayson Tatum, best friend of Harry Giles III, is now considered as the 14th best prospect in the class. If Jerry Meyer knows what he's doing, it appears that the 2016/17 team has very little chance of guiding Duke to an undefeated season.

Holy shit, what a fucking clown.

rome8180 said:
You think people hate Duke now? Imagine if we went undefeated only two years after winning our last title.

Now imagine the hate after Wendell's team also goes undefeated and Bagley's - or some other as-yet-unidentified-though-possibly-already-committed-class-of-2018-star - team needs to only win 10-12 games to break UCLA's win streak.

And no, this isn't a TDD thread because no one actually is taking this seriously.......yet.

rome8180 said:
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but Meyer really does love to underrate Duke commits/prospects.
It is no conspiracy. He hates K and does it on purpose.

New video.

I laughed at what he does at around the 1:47 mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
His reaction when he gets pushed in the back at 2:56 is pretty awesome too.

I'm trying to think of less "Duke kid"-like players who have chosen Duke, because I don't get a good feeling about getting Giles just based on what we can see. I guess Quinn Cook was similar in personality, and from the same high school. We've had plenty of cocky white and half-white guys, but the players whom ignorant people would automatically call "thugs" (black and cocky) haven't been too common at Duke. Gerald was one of the few, and that was only because of one isolated, beautiful flying elbow - Gerald was otherwise the usual Duke kid.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom