Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Harry Giles III

It was awesome. Amile got his 4th. Harry comes in slaps the floor after a made bucket. Next three defensive possessions blocks a shot, gets a rebound and then that dive to steal that ball away. Huge. And he made his two free throws

Giles is Seabiscuit.

It is very difficult to decide between Allen or Giles for who I would want to hit an overtime buzzer beater to win the 1st round 2/15 or 3/14 game in the NCAA Tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giles can play his way back up in the draft, while Bolden will play his way out of it.

If I had Bill Gates kind of money, I'd pay Harry to come back next year.

Lol at that torn enthusiasm comment. Such a K thing to say. He has such a unique ability to motivate.

Much better than Mark Gottfried's "We're a dog chasing a car, and we got run over by the tire. We got to bite that tire. Bite that tire!!"

K always says he's not very verbal, but I have to say he's very good with metaphor.

Re-watching the game, the Giles series of plays is even better than watching it live. This may be my favorite minute of basketball ever.

Kennard hits a 3, Duke goes up by 5.

Giles slaps the floor.

Giles blocks Justin Jackson.

Giles sprints back down court to slam in the alley oop (complete with crazy man yell)

Giles dives on the floor to take the ball away from UNC (Hicks?) on the other end.

I'd like to watch all of this from about ten different angles.

HG has had a number of steals on attempted entry passes this year. I certainly wish he had the ability to find his assignment on switches more effectively; on the other hand, I can appreciate how difficult that can be to grasp for young players.

deepdarkblue said:
Re-watching the game, the Giles series of plays is even better than watching it live. This may be my favorite minute of basketball ever.

Kennard hits a 3, Duke goes up by 5.

Giles slaps the floor.

Giles blocks Justin Jackson.

Giles sprints back down court to slam in the alley oop (complete with crazy man yell)

Giles dives on the floor to take the ball away from UNC (Hicks?) on the other end.

I'd like to watch all of this from about ten different angles.

Yeah the flor slap was the best. I was thinking to myself he better back it up. And then he did

I feel like in recent years we get immediately scored on after a floor slap. So that was a welcome change.

I know he has muffed a few passes but in rebounding situations I always feel like he has a shot to get the ball as long as he gets a finger on it. It's like his fingertips are unnaturally strong enough to claw the rebound in. He is the anti Marques Bolden

He was pretty good early in the game, but he didn't really hold down the fort when Amile had to sit.

It was a pleasure having this kid. Always going to be painful that we didn't get to see more of him.

You can argue we lost our title chances in November 2015. It's a shitty argument that exculpates the botch job by K, but it's an argument that we weren't prepared to have 6'9 Amile play 35+ minutes at center.

I liked him. He didn't turn out to be that great a player for us, but seems like a great person who may go on to NBA stardom and will continue repping Duke.

It's because NCCU is an ass and he happens to represent us all. Kind of like Donald Trump being president. Nothing we can do about it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom