Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Harry Giles III

Yeah can't fault him for not playing for two years. Showed Duke a ton of love for sticking with him through his recovery process. Brought no drama despite limited PT. Hope he does well

I'm sorry we'll never get to see the real Harry Giles in college. I'll always be rooting for him, where ever he goes.

Love the kid to death, and will always pull for him. But what could have been if we had signed TJ Leaf. Or the other AZ commit/decommit we pursued years back....Tyler Dorsey.

Based on what I've read (meaningless, really), there is 0% chance he returns.

I would be the happiest little Duke fan on the planet if that was wrong. Well, assuming we also have someone on the team who can get the ball across half court, anyway.

I would feel worse for him if he came back. He needs to go. He probably can't even take out good insurance on his body holding up for one more season anymore.

We all know how this plays out. HG3 will become a transcendent talent AND brand in the NBA, with the opposite trajectory of RG3's career. We will all look back fondly at his one spectacular ACC tournament highlight sequence and wonder what could have been.

DukeCrow said:
We all know how this plays out. HG3 will become a transcendent talent AND brand in the NBA, with the opposite trajectory of RG3's career. We will all look back fondly at his one spectacular ACC tournament highlight sequence and wonder what could have been.

What could have been - no way he stays.

I can't believe he's sliding down draft boards. In what world would a GM take Kennard ahead of Giles?

In the ultimate sacrifice, Luke will stay in school so Harry can be drafted one spot higher than expected. The consummate teammate.

I assume he'll announce tomorrow he's going pro, then Allen on Monday and Kennard on Tuesday. Today was Jeter's day, yesterday was Tatum's.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

The Process, Jr.

Who looks around the league and goes 'you know what, we should be more like Philly.'? apparently the Kings...

Since the process involves drafting injured bigs 2+ years in a row it makes sense for this to be Gile's landing spot

Last edited by a moderator:

In a way i'll miss him more than any of the other freshmen. You could tell he wanted so bad to be his former self out there but his crippled body just wouldn't allow it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, he was just about the only player on the bench or on the court who showed any joy at all.

best4heisman said:
Re: Harry Giles III
Post by best4heisman » July 23rd, 2015, 11:13 pm
The undefeated talk will be absolutely deafening if this kid commits.

Enough said on Duke basketball 2017.

rome8180 said:
Re: Harry Giles III
By rome8180 » November 4th, 2015, 12:16 am

Frankly, I think his offense is kind of bad at the moment even without injury. I've never watched a game where he didn't go 4-15 or something. And I've watched a lot of his games.

I would not being saying the same things if Jabari or Jahlil had gotten injured.

I'm inclined to trust our own eyes over recruiting rankings at this point, in cases where a player looks like trash offensively.

If a guy repeatedly has ugly and/or inefficient games in high school despite having the look and feel of a stud player, he is probably just trash offensively.

If only the coaching staff had eyes as well. Not that I want an offensively gifted center at Duke again, but our expectations were probably off on Giles even before the 2nd ACL tear. Ceiling is probably quicker DeAndre or less aware Ben Wallace. That's a really high ceiling still.

I like how Duke is apparently ordering the transfer/NBA announcements from least to most on the Intrigue-O-Meter.

The Giles comments on twitter make me want to murder people. "Bust", "Should have redshirted", "Should never have played over Bolden and Jeter"

People are fucking ignorant, and they like letting the world know it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom