Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jared McCain

Speaking of, I thought the most interesting part of Steve Clark's interview with McCain on TDD was when it basically made it seem like the main thing McCain wanted to hear from the staff is that he wouldn't be pushed out for OADs after his freshman year. He brings up his cousin, Devin Askew (started at UK) as a follow-up.

Speaking of, I thought the most interesting part of Steve Clark's interview with McCain on TDD was when it basically made it seem like the main thing McCain wanted to hear from the staff is that he wouldn't be pushed out for OADs after his freshman year. He brings up his cousin, Devin Askew (started at UK) as a follow-up.
The part I like most about that is that he sees himself as a multiyear guy. My question is what he'll see as "being pushed out the door." Is adding another highly ranked shooting guard pushing someone out the door? I mean, if you're adding a top 5 guy, I guess. But multiple shooting guards can and should exist on one roster.

Nah, I think Askew was flat-out told to take a hike. Cal has done that with others, too (Ryan Harrow was one).

The part I like most about that is that he sees himself as a multiyear guy. My question is what he'll see as "being pushed out the door." Is adding another highly ranked shooting guard pushing someone out the door? I mean, if you're adding a top 5 guy, I guess. But multiple shooting guards can and should exist on one roster.
Yeah, for sure, and that's part of why I found that part interesting, because it seems like there's some depth and not just lip-service to his idea about maybe likely being a multi-year player.

Different class, but I know Filipowski has also talked about staying multiple years. I've heard the staff thinks he's a two-year guy. While it seems implausible that a large human with his ranking would stay more than one year, the fact that he's not coming in with an OAD-or-bust mentality has to be a positive. And if he doesn't show a jumpshot as a freshman, it's possible his stock may not be crazy high anyway.

Last edited:
Just bringing it up because I wonder if it's possible we're going to see a slight shift in mentality in the coming years. The effects of NIL may take a little while to seep into the culture.

Scheyer's 2023 class is basically three of those guys for now, with GG Jackson and Mgbako being the OAD pieces.

One other thing I considered: NIL was brand new this year. While I'm sure Duke had some in-roads already, I imagine their network of businesses is only going to expand over the coming years. I could see the amount of money on the table taking a significant jump. I know Dave Bradley has been crushing it with the NIL pitches, but it's still a developing model.

McCain is the guy who is going to be the Fr who looks to score. Foster will score as will Proctor but McCain is the alpha guy who much like DJ Steward, will look to get buckets.

One other thing I considered: NIL was brand new this year. While I'm sure Duke had some in-roads already, I imagine their network of businesses is only going to expand over the coming years. I could see the amount of money on the table taking a significant jump. I know Dave Bradley has been crushing it with the NIL pitches, but it's still a developing model.

Duke people are still having their attornies review everything while Kentucky people just dump off pick-up trucks full of meth money.

Duke people are still having their attornies review everything while Kentucky people just dump off pick-up trucks full of meth money.
It's bullshit Tim Cook and Melissa Gates can't just float us a few hundred million to do whatever we want

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom