Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jared McCain

Fuck me, he’s gonna play himself into the first round next year and we’re gonna be fucked at guard the next year with an absolutely loaded front court.

Is Flagg capable of playing point guard? If he is it makes assembling that roster much easier. Surround him with shooters and a good front-court and give him huge usage.

@rome8180 get Scheyer back on the podcast and ask him what his plan is for when all of his guards leave at the end of the season.
The obvious answer is Roach.

Well yeah, but given how on the fence he was about returning for a 4th, even 3rd year, how with degree in hand do you compel him to use his COVID year? I agree at this point a 4th vs 5th year makes no difference for his draft stock or pro prospects, but I also don't see Roach garnering some sizable NIL bag that would make him decide to defer his professional career no matter what overseas league it's in.

Also, Roach + who? None of the other "guards" we're recruiting in 2024 seem like primary ball handlers. Besides, I'd rather not rely on a freshman unless he's truly top-of-the-class good. With Harper going elsewhere, we're no longer recruiting anyone who fits that description.

Unfortunately I think a lot of the morally reprehensible posters here are going to be smiling and clapping a little bit when Foster goes down in agony with an ACL tear after a mediocre start. A sophomore Foster coming off a torn ACL is better than any other realistic option for Duke in the backcourt during the Flagg season.

McCain being so good he has to start makes things awkward. Was hoping it would be Foster for size purposes. Proctor's obviously starting, and I don't see Roach not starting. The likelihood that both freshman guards are better than a senior who averaged 16 ppg on good efficiency after returning from toe injury seems low to me.

If Jai Lucas can get Roach, McCain, Proctor, Mitchell, Flip to be a good defensive unit, he should be the top head coaching candidate in America.

I think the defense with that lineup should be solid. Seniors in this system are never (?) bad defensively, Proctor is big enough to generally guard 1-4 in college, Mitchell is supposed to be good defensively and Filipowski at center is a lot easier to make viable on defense than when guarding much smaller guys.

Against all but the biggest teams, I expect Roach, McCain, Proctor, Foster (or Schutt), Filipowski to be our best lineup overall. That’s theoretical, though, as we all realize a lineup like that will never be played on the college level.

I don't know, man. You take away Proctor's best attribute if you don't have him guarding the ball. And then you ask a bunch of small guys to stop penetration without much rim protection behind them. I just don't think it's a good combination.

McCain is listed at 6'3. Honestly I think I'd rather have him try and guard the 3 versus moving Proctor there, and keep Proctor on the ball. I'd give up a couple of inches of height at the 3 for Proctor to stop the ball.

How many great, big (6-6?) wings do we think even exist in this sport?

With McCain’s legendary work ethic and unprecedented trajectory (realistically should enter the #1 overall pick conversation by next month), I wouldn’t rule out him being an ACC DPOY caliber on-the-ball defender by March. Basically a taller Chris Paul with more range.

With McCain’s legendary work ethic and unprecedented trajectory (realistically should enter the #1 overall pick conversation by next month), I wouldn’t rule out him being an ACC DPOY caliber on-the-ball defender by March. Basically a taller Chris Paul with more range.

I'll sign off on this description if he punches Bacot in the nuts.

Duke's first truly Gen Z recruit.

I know these kids have been primed to never say anything material during these interviews, but you get the impression that he is GONE if he gets a 1st round grade based on the NBA discussion

Also learned the Zion. O twitter account is run by someone actually named Zion and not just a fan of the Zion having an O watching him

Duke's first truly Gen Z recruit.

I know these kids have been primed to never say anything material during these interviews, but you get the impression that he is GONE if he gets a 1st round grade based on the NBA discussion

Also learned the Zion. O twitter account is run by someone actually named Zion and not just a fan of the Zion having an O watching him
We actually had him on our podcast. His name is Zion Olojede. He writes for something called Complex Sports and has ties to the Nigerian Men's National Team. He was bummed about the decommitment of Mgbako.

He was a fan of the team before Zion played for Duke. Complete coincidence.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom