Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jared McCain

582AF669-A880-4E39-8A2F-1DC783715DD9.jpegMVP: Four-star G Jared McCain (Duke)
In a gym filled with players bricking everything, Jared McCain’s ability to make shots stood out. The well-built 6-foot-2 guard showcased a tough handle and a competitive nature. His team, whether 3-on-3 or 5-on-5, won more times than not. Where the four-stars game showed improvement here was he did not force anything; all of his buckets came within the rhythm and the feel of the game. McCain is an alpha on the floor and one who simply breeds winning.

So I listened to the podcast and the summary on McCain is that he's extremely intelligent, 6'1-6'2, not super athletic, filled out body, can shoot and handle the ball. Expected to be a multi-year player.
Sounds like Jalen Brunson.

He's not as physically stout as Brunson. And I don't think he has the post game of Brunson. But he makes up for that by being a better shooter.

I think he'll be very good. I'd say he's a lot better offensively than Proctor was coming in, and I'm curious to see what the gap is between the two of them on that end in the fall.

The comp I like is Jamal Murray, although McCain is probably a little slower and less bouncy. But the way Murray is comfy creating midrange stuff on his own of the dribble or coming off hard curls for catch-and-shoots like Seth Curry -- I think McCain brings that as well.

I doubt this will be a popular comparison, but he reminds me of Coby White.

He has a very quick release and he is ready to shoot when he catches. It's very pro-like.

Every time I see video of him, I'm more and more impressed. I still see issues with him using his off arm to create separation, which leads to 20 charge calls this season, but other than that, his game is very mature.

He's such a patient player in those clips. Waits til the defense takes a step too far and then capitalizes on the small opening. Reminds me of the old dude at the gym that doesn't beat you with overwhelming athleticism but instead with craftiness.

I think I’ve said this previously, but he reminds me so much of a typical upperclassman Nova guard.

I'd be ecstatic if he can be a Jalen Brunson type player. But I would gladly take another Arcidiacono too.

Fuck me, he’s gonna play himself into the first round next year and we’re gonna be fucked at guard the next year with an absolutely loaded front court.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom