Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Kyle “Flip” Filipowski

If he’s even a true 37-40% kind of shooter now, it allows Mark on the court with him without any complaints from the peanut gallery at Duke-Forum. That’s a big deal.

Here is the widely criticized post incorrectly panning the hero who would ultimately lead Duke to a national championship:

Hopefully this board’s criticism of the Filipowski-centric offense will be similarly invalidated.

In having a UNC post-mortem with my IRL friends, someone mentioned that Flip is super size McRoberts. From the ISO ball, to the shitty body language when he doesn’t get calls - seemed like an apt comparison

I'd think so. Prior to getting hurt before the draft, dude could jump out of the gym and had good lateral movement for a big. McRoberts and Okafor are like photo-negatives of each other. If they could have switched eras both would have been far more effective/successful.

Is he hurt? A couple things I'm noticing as I go back through this game a little more closely:

1) He has zero faith in his shot right now
2) Not getting back down the court very quickly on either offense or defense

ND did do a great job shutting down the short roll. We were trying to go to that a lot early. They were collapsing two on his drive really quickly. Were putting pressure on him before he could make a pass.

Did you see my post in the ND thread? I agree. I think he's been physically off for the last 4-6 games. No first step, less lift.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom