Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Mark Williams

@rome8180 that video is actually pretty encouraging. He can make the catch and go up quickly without taking the ball down to his waist. He has a quick second jump. He sees the court well. It took Zoubek until he was a senior to have those attributes.

His evaluation from Evan Daniels:

"Has a nice blend of length, strength and mobility for a big man. Good athlete who plays with a tremendous motor. Can defend multiple positions in multiple areas on the court. Is a shot-blocking threat who is a dangerous rebounder. Primarily a finisher on offense. Developing and has potential as a face up scorer, ball handler and passer. Should develop into an NBA draft pick."

Duke will teach him to bring the ball down before he shoots and to foul at an alarming rate.

TOP PERFORMERS

Mark Williams, 2020, IMG Academy:
It’s early in the high school season, but few prospects have made the leap from the summer that Williams has. A 7-foot center, Williams looks more fluid, athletic and mobile than from even July. Just his presence on the court was impactful from a defensive standpoint. The book had him for six blocks against PVI, but he certainly altered more than that. Williams also locked down his area from a rebounding standpoint, showed the ability to pass out of the post and flashed terrific hands. Williams looked like a day once impact performer and potentially a one and done recruit.
Recruiting: Signed with Duke.

Honestly, most of our 2020 commits look like an FSU team. Physically, not talent-wise. Like DJ Steward

Happy with this years team as we look to be contenders but pretty pumped about next year as well. Should have some really solid returning talent to add to the new guys. Having continuity should help in the early season games.

Happy with this years team as we look to be contenders but pretty pumped about next year as well. Should have some really solid returning talent to add to the new guys. Having continuity should help in the early season games.

We need to add a second big man, IMO. Bediako is raw but he fits the bill. Can't go into next season with just Mark Williams.

And so can Johnson. I don't want that to be something that needs to happen more than 10 minutes a game though. I see Williams being the typical high-energy freshman big who will struggle with foul trouble at times. If he pulls a Javin, it would be nice to have someone else with size to throw out there.

I've said this before, but I'm still really hyped about the ways in which it seems to be that a lot of what this team is doing on both ends of the floor can carry over to next year's team as opposed to our typical summer do-over. Even if we only bring back like four guys, if they've all played 10+ mpg this year, and the coaches have gotten used to heavier subbing, a mix of Horns sets and motion, but not much iso ball, and the kind of ball pressure we're applying, I think all of that is a great template for 2020-21 too.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom